There are newer employer reviews for AIG

My experience at AIG was great until my last 18 months of employment.

Former Employee - Manager
Former Employee - Manager

I worked at AIG

Pros

The company provided great benefits to employees and their spouse, including a matching 401k, generous paid vacation and annual bonuses.

Cons

The downside of working at AIG is being labeled for providing feedback to management after a performance review. Employees are expected to agree with performance reviews and not speak up or disagree with the feedback provided.

Advice to Management

AIG should bring back the Management In Training program. Employees newly promoted into management should not be coached or mentored by managers that do not have a formal education or one that did not complete the MIT program.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. AIG

I worked at AIG

Pros

Larget and stable company. matched 401k and a rare employee pension system plus other benefits. It's a Ok place to work in general.

Cons

virtually no career advancement. the salary increase was practically non exististent as was told i should feel lucky that I still had a job.

Advice to Management

Company culture does not value employees as assets and are viewed and cost center. Bringing employees together and empower them is very important to success to company

2. Low stress, good compensation.

Former Employee - Software Developer
    Former Employee - Software Developer

I worked at AIG

Pros

AIG is a good fit if you're looking for a financial services career but still want to see your family.

Cons

The culture is very top down, and communication from the top can be lacking. I've seen some surprising cronyism in some strategic enterprise software decisions, but by and large it's a good organization. Clearly there were problems with the former executive management in the recent past, having let the FP division take down the whole corp, but the great bulk of the remainder of the corp. was always profitable.

Advice to Management

Be more discerning in what corporate it mandates are really beneficial, and move towards a more agile IT culture as possible.