There are newer employer reviews for AIG

My experience at AIG was great until my last 18 months of employment.

Former Employee - Manager
Former Employee - Manager

I worked at AIG

Pros

The company provided great benefits to employees and their spouse, including a matching 401k, generous paid vacation and annual bonuses.

Cons

The downside of working at AIG is being labeled for providing feedback to management after a performance review. Employees are expected to agree with performance reviews and not speak up or disagree with the feedback provided.

AIG should bring back the Management In Training program. Employees newly promoted into management should not be coached or mentored by managers that do not have a formal education or one that did not complete the MIT program.

687 Other Employee Reviews for AIG (View Most Recent)

Low stress, good compensation.

Former Employee - Software Developer
    Former Employee - Software Developer

I worked at AIG

Pros

AIG is a good fit if you're looking for a financial services career but still want to see your family.

Cons

The culture is very top down, and communication from the top can be lacking. I've seen some surprising cronyism in some strategic enterprise software decisions, but by and large it's a good organization. Clearly there were problems with the former executive management in the recent past, having let the FP division take down the whole corp, but the great bulk of the remainder of the corp. was always profitable.

Be more discerning in what corporate it mandates are really beneficial, and move towards a more agile IT culture as possible.

A dept run by people lack of technical knowledge

Former Employee - Internal Audit
    Former Employee - Internal Audit

I worked at AIG

Pros

still have a minimum degree of freedom if you are good at the job

Cons

Managemnt has lack of technical knowledge on their job.
    A department responsible of checking compliance while in breach of employment law in the UK
    Management failed to treat staff fairly

There are newer employer reviews for AIG

Worked for AIG? Contribute to the Community!