Not the Best and Not the Worse

Former Employee - Leasing Administrator  in  Los Angeles, CA
Former Employee - Leasing Administrator in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at AIMCO Properties full-time for more than a year

Pros

- As far as industry standards go, salary is above average
- Luxury Properties, usually in very good markets
- Leasing is easy
- A good manager makes all the difference
- Sales Training is Superior - You learn so much very quickly

Cons

- Shark Tank!!
-Commission structure changes by the minute.
- The pressure is on and they bigwigs in Denver will come down on you like ton of bricks. I overheard one top executive call a table of community manager’s “incompetent peons”
- It's a popularity contest; Promotions are not based on your work ethic –if you’ve made friends with the right person expect to go from Leasing to Manager in a flash.
-Human Resources! The biggest joke of the company. Benefits are horrible. Many people on the maintenance staff were on Medi-Cal. If you ever have an issue with a co-worker, you’re better off keeping it to yourself because HR will put it on a t-shirt. Confidentiality, not even a little bit

Offer a better benefit package to your employees. Give bonuses to the people that deserve them for their hard work and continuous effort.

Other Reviews for AIMCO Properties

Disorganized and extremely frustrating.

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at AIMCO Properties full-time for less than a year

Pros

The base salary plus commission was nice, and the specific training for Other Centered Selling they gave was very helpful. Other than that, I don't really have a lot of nice things to say about this company or position.

Cons

Employee turnover was about 6 months. This was at several levels of the company, both at my individual property and the regional office. Everything was disorganized, and policies for how to respond to residents' issues frequently changed. This led to a lot of anger on the resident side, because the person that rented the unit to them would be completely different than the person going through their move-out process with them. Paperwork was a mess to get through, and was never completed properly. I was paid hourly, but had overtime every week I worked there because there was just never enough time to get through things. The property was severely understaffed, and employees frequently quitting or getting fired meant others had to pick up the slack in areas they might not be familiar with. I will never work there again.

Be consistent. Don't change policies frequently. Realize that these are people that you're dealing with, not numbers, and your product is their home.

WAS a great place to work!

Former Employee - Head of Maintenance  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Head of Maintenance in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at AIMCO Properties full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

It was fun to work and be a part of a great company when i started. Good reviews, perks, easy to get it done with pride and honor.

Cons

Too many changes i.e.. job cut backs, loss of hours, hard to get anything you needed, property showing age, not being able to do proper maintenance, no tools, loss of incentive, employee loss, bosses keep leaving, no overtime, you name it it was taken away or reduced!!!! Dont get injured on job.

Try to work on a property the way it is now..GOOD LUCK Might be a real EYE OPENER.

There are newer employer reviews for AIMCO Properties.

Worked for AIMCO Properties? Contribute to the Community!