AIMCO Properties

www.aimco.com
  www.aimco.com
There are newer employer reviews for AIMCO Properties

Overall not a bad place to work.

I worked at AIMCO Properties full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

At the time compensation and bonus was great.

Cons

I honestly cannot think of a con.

All were great to work with.

94 Other Employee Reviews for AIMCO Properties (View Most Recent)

Disorganized and extremely frustrating.

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at AIMCO Properties full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The base salary plus commission was nice, and the specific training for Other Centered Selling they gave was very helpful. Other than that, I don't really have a lot of nice things to say about this company or position.

Cons

Employee turnover was about 6 months. This was at several levels of the company, both at my individual property and the regional office. Everything was disorganized, and policies for how to respond to residents' issues frequently changed. This led to a lot of anger on the resident side, because the person that rented the unit to them would be completely different than the person going through their move-out process with them. Paperwork was a mess to get through, and was never completed properly. I was paid hourly, but had overtime every week I worked there because there was just never enough time to get through things. The property was severely understaffed, and employees frequently quitting or getting fired meant others had to pick up the slack in areas they might not be familiar with. I will never work there again.

Be consistent. Don't change policies frequently. Realize that these are people that you're dealing with, not numbers, and your product is their home.

WAS a great place to work!

Former Employee - Head of Maintenance in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Head of Maintenance in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at AIMCO Properties full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

It was fun to work and be a part of a great company when i started. Good reviews, perks, easy to get it done with pride and honor.

Cons

Too many changes i.e.. job cut backs, loss of hours, hard to get anything you needed, property showing age, not being able to do proper maintenance, no tools, loss of incentive, employee loss, bosses keep leaving, no overtime, you name it it was taken away or reduced!!!! Dont get injured on job.

Try to work on a property the way it is now..GOOD LUCK Might be a real EYE OPENER.

There are newer employer reviews for AIMCO Properties