AK Steel Holding Corporation
www.aksteel.com West Chester, OH 5000+ Employees

Shift Manager

Maintenance Shift Manager (Former Employee)
Middletown, OH

ProsGood place to get a name on your resume first after college.

ConsThe hourly is union, so they are lazy, hostile, and egotistic. Also due to the union, you will not be working with anything directly, so you won't learn much. I suggest leaving no later than 2 years if you work with hourly.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou should have settled for nothing less than the complete dissolution of the union. They are destroying your company. That is why Nucor is doing so much better.

Terrible place to work.

I have been working at AK Steel Holding Corporation

Pros: There are no pros at all. Cons: Upper management will treat you like dirt. You have no say on what… More

Ak Tube survivor!

Production (Former Employee)
    Walbridge, OH

I worked at AK Steel Holding Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros: Money is decent and they give tickets to ciderpoint. Cons: Ridiculous safety rules resulting in no job security, bias in promotion, in your face disrespect by supervisors, frequent… Advice to Senior Management: Say what you mean and mean what you say. Warn employees… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on AK Steel Holding Corporation.

Worked for AK Steel Holding Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AK Steel Holding Corporation reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for AK Steel Holding Corporation CEO Jim Wainscott. All reviews posted anonymously by AK Steel Holding Corporation employees.