AKQA
www.akqa.com San Francisco, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Good place to work on the whole, but be prepared for the agency ethos if you've not worked for one before.

Senior Web Developer (Former Employee)

I worked at AKQA

ProsThe people are AKQA's greatest strength. Yes, being an agency some of the "creatives" boggled the mind a bit, and there were occasional frictions but on the whole the team worked well.

Being a techie, I was never particularly bothered by the "zomg we have such cool clients" ethos, but it was possible to work on some really interesting technical challenges using the latest technology.

ConsThe company does get a bit too pleased with itself sometimes - too many people, more the higher up you go, believe their own propaganda a bit too much. However, that's an understandable occupational hazard of working for an agency - if *they* don't believe they're the most special people in the world, how will they convince potential clients?

Communication is sometimes a bit poor, and there's always been a tendency of the account management people to promise clients the moon on a stick and then refuse to listen to technical reason as to why what they've just promised is undesirable or impossible.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry not to drink quite so much of the AKQA Kool-Aid.

AKQA provides a great proving ground to start a career, as well as strong opportunities for future growth

Account Executive (Current Employee)

I have been working at AKQA

Pros: Strong brand, culture of innovation and work ethic Cons: poor work/ life balance, yearly promotion cycle, poor approach to economic downturn (i.e.,… Advice to Senior Management: I am frustrated by the processes employed to measure staff… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great PR, great clients, but poor management.

Account Director (Current Employee)

I have been working at AKQA

Pros: It's a company at the top of the tree, very well respected and revered within the industry. It has an amazing client list and… Cons: Leadership and mangagement are generally poor, and there is a culture of who you know rather than what you know allowing you… Advice to Senior Management: Be fair. Stop being blinded by fancy presentation and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on AKQA.

Worked for AKQA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AKQA reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for AKQA CEO Ajaz Ahmed. All reviews posted anonymously by AKQA employees.