AKQA
www.akqa.com San Francisco, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Ace place to work. No pain, no gain!

Manager (Current Employee)
London, England (UK)

I have been working at AKQA full-time for more than a year

ProsAKQA is brilliant! The people that I work with are super smart, fun and passionate about what they do. We've become really good friends over the numerous socials like BarAsics (free Monthly drinks), FryDays (all agency breakfasts) and parties - it's a very extended and diverse family :-). Benefits are good and there are lots of little things that make a real difference like free fruit, massages and ice-creams. The pace is really fast and the work ethic is second to none so you've got to have bags of passion and energy. I was promoted in my first year here and I'm going on secondment to another office soon so I can't see myself running out of opportunities here anytime soon. There's always lots of formal training running and you're constantly learning during your the day from either the work that you're doing or from the people in your team. The days just fly by and there's never a dull moment.

ConsWorking at AKQA is challenging.....it's got a reputation as a sweat shop which is certainly not the case but you will work really hard. Everyone is so driven and committed to pushing the boundaries so if you're not prepared to put quality and excellence first then this isn't the place for you. I can honestly say hand on heart that the blood, sweat & tears are worth it and it becomes easier as time goes on. I'm so proud of the work and I love working here with such awesome people.

Advice to Senior ManagementTalk to us..... we want to know that you've got a plan and how we are doing. It's great that everyone is so laidback and non hierachical but we also need to feel that someone is in charge. The updates before Barasics help but we need to share more information, commercials etc.

AKQA has been generally a good experience.

I have been working at AKQA

Pros: - casual atmosphere - smart people - small perks (bagel monday, fruit… Cons: - some long hours - expectations about being in the office -… Advice to Senior Management: There is a trickle down effect about how a business is run. It has been difficult to keep highly skilled people and I know… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Think Again

I have been working at AKQA

Pros: +fun people +dogs +location +resume booster +cheap snacks +opportunities to work with traditional ad production Cons: -poor mgmt -below market salaries -long hours -politics No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on AKQA.

Worked for AKQA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AKQA reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for AKQA CEO Ajaz Ahmed. All reviews posted anonymously by AKQA employees.