AKQA

www.akqa.com
  www.akqa.com
There are newer employer reviews for AKQA

Great work, great people and same industry bull as everywhere else...

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in London, England (UK)
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in London, England (UK)

I have been working at AKQA full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great talent in creative. Great clients to do work for. Perfect employer if you need a couple of years to really ramp up your cv

Cons

We can be a bit full of ourselves at times. Our management can be slightly out of touch with the "people". Late nights and slightly underpaid is standard.

200 Other Employee Reviews for AKQA (View Most Recent)

This is truly more of a digital production house than an ad agency.

I have been working at AKQA

Pros

Innovative Digital Thinkers. Marquis clients.

Cons

Account and billings driven. Creative is a nice-to-have afterthought.

Ace place to work. No pain, no gain!

Current Employee - Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at AKQA full-time (more than an year)

Pros

AKQA is brilliant! The people that I work with are super smart, fun and passionate about what they do. We've become really good friends over the numerous socials like BarAsics (free Monthly drinks), FryDays (all agency breakfasts) and parties - it's a very extended and diverse family :-). Benefits are good and there are lots of little things that make a real difference like free fruit, massages and ice-creams. The pace is really fast and the work ethic is second to none so you've got to have bags of passion and energy. I was promoted in my first year here and I'm going on secondment to another office soon so I can't see myself running out of opportunities here anytime soon. There's always lots of formal training running and you're constantly learning during your the day from either the work that you're doing or from the people in your team. The days just fly by and there's never a dull moment.

Cons

Working at AKQA is challenging.....it's got a reputation as a sweat shop which is certainly not the case but you will work really hard. Everyone is so driven and committed to pushing the boundaries so if you're not prepared to put quality and excellence first then this isn't the place for you. I can honestly say hand on heart that the blood, sweat & tears are worth it and it becomes easier as time goes on. I'm so proud of the work and I love working here with such awesome people.

Talk to us..... we want to know that you've got a plan and how we are doing. It's great that everyone is so laidback and non hierachical but we also need to feel that someone is in charge. The updates before Barasics help but we need to share more information, commercials etc.

There are newer employer reviews for AKQA