AKQA

www.akqa.com
  www.akqa.com
There are newer employer reviews for AKQA

Great bunch of technology and creative people with a real passion for their job.

I worked at AKQA

Pros

Opportunity to work with some of the most passionate technologists in the industry (e.g. best Technical Architecture team that I've had the pleasure to work with). Great client list.

Cons

The hours of work required to deliver some projects can be well beyond reasonable expectation. Senior management often turn a blind eye to morale within certain teams (caused by long work hours), or focus on the wrong issues affecting team performance and therefore delivery. The client services teams have little understanding of how to manage clients' expectations on projects involving any form of technical complexity.

Yes, the need to innovate is vital in order to win new and retain existing clients, but also is the need to be pragmatic about what is really achievable (within what are often very tight deadlines) if you wish to retain the best people. Otherwise the relatively high turnover of staff that occurred in my time there will only increase as the best people will only commit a couple of years to AKQA before looking for a better work/life balance elsewhere.

200 Other Employee Reviews for AKQA (View Most Recent)

Never worked so hard and been treated so badly

I worked at AKQA

Pros

It does some cool advertising stuff if you're into that kind of thing, and some of the other people are really talented.

Cons

Pretty much the longest run of unbelievably long hours I've ever worked - about 9 months straight of 80 hour weeks. Project management without a clue. Far too many people just buying into the idea of being cool and hip and making pretty things, and no appreciation of the people who are actually doing that.

Stop working people so hard, listen to the people who know how to do the work rather than the people who are just telling you what you want to hear and playing politics.

Company is a the best agency I've worked at.

I have been working at AKQA

Pros

AKQA's reputation in the marketplace is second to none.

Cons

The requirement of people's billability is a bit unrealistic.

Less hierarchy in all departments. Account Management, creative, technology, and project management are way too deep.

There are newer employer reviews for AKQA