AKQA
www.akqa.com San Francisco, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Great bunch of technology and creative people with a real passion for their job.

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee)
London, England (UK)

I worked at AKQA

ProsOpportunity to work with some of the most passionate technologists in the industry (e.g. best Technical Architecture team that I've had the pleasure to work with). Great client list.

ConsThe hours of work required to deliver some projects can be well beyond reasonable expectation. Senior management often turn a blind eye to morale within certain teams (caused by long work hours), or focus on the wrong issues affecting team performance and therefore delivery. The client services teams have little understanding of how to manage clients' expectations on projects involving any form of technical complexity.

Advice to Senior ManagementYes, the need to innovate is vital in order to win new and retain existing clients, but also is the need to be pragmatic about what is really achievable (within what are often very tight deadlines) if you wish to retain the best people. Otherwise the relatively high turnover of staff that occurred in my time there will only increase as the best people will only commit a couple of years to AKQA before looking for a better work/life balance elsewhere.

Never worked so hard and been treated so badly

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee)
London, England (UK)

I worked at AKQA

Pros: It does some cool advertising stuff if you're into that kind… Cons: Pretty much the longest run of unbelievably long hours I've ever worked - about 9 months straight of 80 hour weeks. Project management without a… Advice to Senior Management: Stop working people so hard, listen to the people who know how to do the work… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Company is a the best agency I've worked at.

I have been working at AKQA

Pros: AKQA's reputation in the marketplace is second to none. Cons: The requirement of people's billability is a bit unrealistic. Advice to Senior Management: Less hierarchy in all departments. Account Management, creative, technology,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on AKQA.

Worked for AKQA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AKQA reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for AKQA CEO Ajaz Ahmed. All reviews posted anonymously by AKQA employees.