There are newer employer reviews for ALDI

Ehhhh. That's basically it. Eh.

Former Employee - Cashier  in  Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Cashier in Chicago, IL

I worked at ALDI

Pros

The pay is excellent for a cashier they started off at $12.50 when I was there. That's about it. Good for college students and young people like myself with no responsibilities and at one point, no real bills for the most part.

Cons

I wouldn't recommend this as a career path beyond college or for those working to support families. The hours are horrible. And there is mild discrimination towards college students and part time workers. They know that you're not going to want to work there once you graduate so they cut your hours and inch you out. No priority is given to part time workers for hours when you're working just as hard, if not harder than full timers.

Remember that you, as a manager, could probably not survive on a salary earned working less than 20 hours a week, and not to be so stingy with time unless your employees agree. Be a bit more human. We know your overheads. It's Aldi. You can afford to give more hours.

477 Other Employee Reviews for ALDI (View Most Recent)

ALDI is an very archaic company that is behind the curve when it comes to technology and leadership! STAY AWAY!

Former Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at ALDI

Pros

Good pay, and good benefits for managers.

Cons

The good pay is not enough if you have any self respect though, I worked in retail and restaurant management before coming to ALDI, and even though my job was a "assistant manager" training to be a store manager, there really wasn't any managing going on just running shifts. The store managers would never make it in a real retail management job, they are usually not educated or trained well. The district managers are straight out of college and are clueless when it comes to managing others and have very little experience if any. The owners are from Europe and run it like old Europe. If you were hired as an hourly, the highest you can ever be promoted is a store manager or a manager at the distribution center, you can never be promoted to a district manager or higher. You will max out in salary and promotion, i.e., dead end job!

Change your company structure with managers and operations, this is not old Europe! Quit hiring district managers out of college and promote more within. But, when you do promote do not just promote because someone can do a palate in 15 mins or less, make sure they have leadership skills, they are people persons, and are not a human resource nightmare!

Awful place to work but try it out for a few weeks and save money so you can leave

Current Employee - Aldi District Manager  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Aldi District Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at ALDI

Pros

good salary, company car, insurance

Cons

awful leadership in the division and in stores. work you like a dog. Store managers think they have it bad but DM's also have it bad.

shorter training in store

There are newer employer reviews for ALDI

Worked for ALDI? Contribute to the Community!