There are newer employer reviews for ALDI

Ehhhh. That's basically it. Eh.

Former Employee - Cashier in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Cashier in Chicago, IL

I worked at ALDI

Pros

The pay is excellent for a cashier they started off at $12.50 when I was there. That's about it. Good for college students and young people like myself with no responsibilities and at one point, no real bills for the most part.

Cons

I wouldn't recommend this as a career path beyond college or for those working to support families. The hours are horrible. And there is mild discrimination towards college students and part time workers. They know that you're not going to want to work there once you graduate so they cut your hours and inch you out. No priority is given to part time workers for hours when you're working just as hard, if not harder than full timers.

Advice to Management

Remember that you, as a manager, could probably not survive on a salary earned working less than 20 hours a week, and not to be so stingy with time unless your employees agree. Be a bit more human. We know your overheads. It's Aldi. You can afford to give more hours.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

I enjoyed working for Aldi's but as with any company I found several issues that required attention/maintenance.

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Cape Girardeau, MO
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Cape Girardeau, MO

I worked at ALDI

Pros

Very good pay for cashiers and hourly workers.
    Benefits are great and also provided to part-time workers.

Cons

No opportunity for advancement in most areas. District Managers are hired from outside the company with little to no experience as opposed to being promoted from within the stores.
    No bonuses for Assistant Managers, only for GM and DM.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring people for your best jobs that have no experience with the company. Reward those in your company that really make the store worth shopping at.....the in-store employees who break their backs everyday to keep those everyday low-costs a reality.

Awful place to work but try it out for a few weeks and save money so you can leave

Current Employee - Aldi District Manager in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Aldi District Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at ALDI

Pros

good salary, company car, insurance

Cons

awful leadership in the division and in stores. work you like a dog. Store managers think they have it bad but DM's also have it bad.

Advice to Management

shorter training in store