ALDI

www.aldi.us
  www.aldi.us
There are newer employer reviews for ALDI

A lot of physical labor for someone with a college degree.

Former Employee - DM In Training in Mount Juliet, TN
Former Employee - DM In Training in Mount Juliet, TN

I worked at ALDI

Pros

The pay is great and you get a car. You also get great benefits. This is really the only reason people work at ALDI. For most people, it is not enough to make them stay.

Cons

Labor intensive. You do the same thing every day and all the time. You do not use your brain. The leadership is just terrible and very egotistical.

I am not sure where to even begin. If you work or have worked at the Mt Juliet Division, you know that there are some real issues with top management. There are some big dogs there who think they are the coolest thing since sliced bread.

561 Other Employee Reviews for ALDI (View Most Recent)

Never ending nightmere

Former Employee - Manager Trainee in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Manager Trainee in Omaha, NE

I worked at ALDI

Pros

Pay is wondeful, good beneifits, got along with most employees. Manager was cool

Cons

Long hours, no praise, half hour break that is always interupted. Five people isnt enough to run a grocery store happily. Cashiers are over worked and never thanked. Wish it was more team oriented. Everyone looks out for themselves and I did to. Its stressful. I hated working there. I cried sometimes. So glad im done

Hire more people so its not so stressful!! Hour breaks. Work as a team not individual. Make it easier for people to move up in company. Stop stealing people from other employees. I regret I left my job of10 years for you!

Ehhhh. That's basically it. Eh.

Former Employee - Cashier in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Cashier in Chicago, IL

I worked at ALDI

Pros

The pay is excellent for a cashier they started off at $12.50 when I was there. That's about it. Good for college students and young people like myself with no responsibilities and at one point, no real bills for the most part.

Cons

I wouldn't recommend this as a career path beyond college or for those working to support families. The hours are horrible. And there is mild discrimination towards college students and part time workers. They know that you're not going to want to work there once you graduate so they cut your hours and inch you out. No priority is given to part time workers for hours when you're working just as hard, if not harder than full timers.

Remember that you, as a manager, could probably not survive on a salary earned working less than 20 hours a week, and not to be so stingy with time unless your employees agree. Be a bit more human. We know your overheads. It's Aldi. You can afford to give more hours.

There are newer employer reviews for ALDI