There are newer employer reviews for ALDI

If you dont work for it, you wont be there very long

Former Employee - Store Manager in Olathe, KS
Former Employee - Store Manager in Olathe, KS

I worked at ALDI

Pros

Health care was great, salary was good for industry standards, great customers and very flexible with hours.

Cons

As a member of management, you are required to work at least 50 hours per week (most of the time i worked 60 - 70, being a salary employee they take advantage of you here), Saturdays and expected to work more than 50hrs a week. Low # of employees at each store so you really rely on your team. Upper-upper management (Directors and VP's) would beat you down like rag dolls if they didn't like you or felt you weren't doing a good job or even if you had too much tenure. They had a way of forcing you out if you cost to much to keep.

Advice to Management

Please keep in mind that every employee has a family that would like to come home and have enough energy to entertain them as well. Quit the gossip and political BS and show your employees that you care instead of complaining every stop you make into the store. Yes, there will be empty boxes and freezer/cooler doors that need cleaning during the day, just remember, there are only a handful of employees working at one given moment. Mark Berstead (VP - Olathe,KS), I actually thought highly of you however, you let other Directors run under your radar for years that abused employees verbally even in front of customers on the sales floor and they were the direct influence on my departure. Actions speak louder than words.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Can be stressful, but good pay

Current Employee - Cashier in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Cashier in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at ALDI

Pros

Good pay. I enjoy working with my co-workers.

Cons

Hours are not reliable. One week you get 35, the next you get 15.

Advice to Management

Store managers....Please stop ordering way too much. You are making more work then necessary. It doesn't make sense to order too much, just too throw it away when it all goes bad.

Great Place to work but not when your store manager was promoted to the position in one year.

Current Employee - Cashier in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Cashier in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at ALDI

Pros

pay people benefits uh uh thats it

Cons

my store manager is a so called know it all.Was promoted in a year and lacks the experience and knowledge to run a busy store, Yet my dm defends the store manager and my store manager set goals that he or she cant even achieve.

Advice to Management

hire store managers for experience and not looks. looks dont make money at aldi EXPERIENCE do