There are newer employer reviews for ALDI

Great Learning Experience and a STEP forward in my Management

Current Employee - Store Manager Trainee in Volo, IL
Current Employee - Store Manager Trainee in Volo, IL

I have been working at ALDI full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Lear the importance of PRODUCTIVITY

Cons

Manager Trainee can potentially make more then Store Manager

Work hard and Pick up lots of hours. Just like anything else you do the more you work the better you get at it.

512 Other Employee Reviews for ALDI (View Most Recent)

A Hot Mess

Current Employee - Shift Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Shift Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at ALDI full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Good pay, but for a very good reason. Job sercurity unless you are missing money. Work days go very fast, usually not enough time or people to get done what needs to get done in a shift.

Cons

Work your ass off. They don't promote within unless you kiss some ass! Horrible, unrealistic expectations. No appericiation. No thank yous. Upper Management is the worst. District Managers only have to run a store for 6 weeks before getting promoted but somehow think they can tell you how to run a store, they don't have a clue!

Recognize your employees. We work our asses off! Give us more hours and people to run a smoother operation. Fight for us, we work hard for you work hard for us.

Great Idea... Poor Execution

Former Employee - Shift Manager in West Long Branch, NJ
    Former Employee - Shift Manager in West Long Branch, NJ

I worked at ALDI full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fantastic pay for the industry... Phenominal benefits, especially for singles. * and You never need a gym membership.

Cons

You'll never see more than 3 employees in the store at a time (except shift change). The work load is INCREDIBLY demanding... No way to use ladders for most of your work [hazardous]. No flexibility in schedule for family or to further education, therefore, you can never become a DM (position requires batchelor's degree)

In an economy like today's, a company such as Aldi is thriving... It is unrealistic to expect 3 or 4 people to accomplish what the demands of today's customers are. HIRE MORE EMPLOYEES. Axe the ones that cannot pull their weight.

There are newer employer reviews for ALDI