ALDI

www.aldi.us
  www.aldi.us
There are newer employer reviews for ALDI

Great company if you work hard.

Current Employee - Shift Manager in Rockford, IL
Current Employee - Shift Manager in Rockford, IL

I have been working at ALDI full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Wonderful benefits, a huge wealth of knowledge and responsibility, and job stability is pretty steady.

Cons

Always on call and can be stressful.

565 Other Employee Reviews for ALDI (View Most Recent)

If I could go back in time, I wouldn't have accepted their offer.

Former Employee - Cashier in Beaver Falls, PA
    Former Employee - Cashier in Beaver Falls, PA

I worked at ALDI part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Pay and hours...thats about it.

Cons

I applied for a management position and was promised in one of THREE interviews that I would be promoted to an assistant manager in a few months after I was hired. After one week I found out everything in my interview was a scam. They rarely, if ever, promote from within.

"It must be nice to just sit there and ring all day." Haha what a joke. You work your butt off with little help. There are usually only two people working at a time, and you are constantly pressured to get things done in a certain amount of time. (A full pallet has to be unloaded in 20-30 minutes). When ringing up customers you are timed on every aspect of it. DM's are constantly pressuring you to go faster, which makes you more prone to mistakes. I told management that customers dont like how fast we go, but that apparently doesnt matter. You are always on call, whether your own store doesnt need you...another store will. The atmosphere is pretty bad too. I have worked in multiple stores and almost every employee isn't friendly whatsoever. They never give you the time of day and hardly say anything to you. Oh and be prepared for your wrists to hurt and I'm not the only onw who has had wrist trouble. Dont work here.

Take the time to actually talk to your employees about SOMETHING. Shift supervisors and the store managers would never tell you anything such as being out of something or where they moved something. Slow down and communicate with your employees!

Unfortunately, still with the company

Current Employee - Cashier in Winter Park, FL
    Current Employee - Cashier in Winter Park, FL

I have been working at ALDI full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Full time is 20 hrs or more.

Cons

No raises until you hit your 5 yrs, back breaking work, high turnover rate, health benefits are bad, no time for anything else in your life- definitely not a job for parents with kids. Expected to go in early or stay late, but never asked.

Make store managers take management classes, some have no idea how to run a store, mine in particular. Give the employees some type of incentive to stay, we work very hard for you, take care of us, please. (5 yrs before getting a raise is not an incentive, more of a reason to leave)

There are newer employer reviews for ALDI