They pay well, and you earn every penny of it.

Current Employee - Cashier  in  Champaign, IL
Current Employee - Cashier in Champaign, IL

I have been working at ALDI part-time for less than a year

Pros

If you put forth the effort, you are rewarded for it. Their promotions are not based on seniority, but on performance.

Cons

You work your tail off. It is a very physical job, regardless of you're a cashier, store manager, or district manager.

Other Reviews for ALDI

Great company if you work hard.

Current Employee - Shift Manager  in  Rockford, IL
    Current Employee - Shift Manager in Rockford, IL

I have been working at ALDI full-time for more than a year

Pros

Wonderful benefits, a huge wealth of knowledge and responsibility, and job stability is pretty steady.

Cons

Always on call and can be stressful.

If I could go back in time, I wouldn't have accepted their offer.

Former Employee - Cashier  in  Beaver Falls, PA
    Former Employee - Cashier in Beaver Falls, PA

I worked at ALDI part-time for less than a year

Pros

Pay and hours...thats about it.

Cons

I applied for a management position and was promised in one of THREE interviews that I would be promoted to an assistant manager in a few months after I was hired. After one week I found out everything in my interview was a scam. They rarely, if ever, promote from within.

"It must be nice to just sit there and ring all day." Haha what a joke. You work your butt off with little help. There are usually only two people working at a time, and you are constantly pressured to get things done in a certain amount of time. (A full pallet has to be unloaded in 20-30 minutes). When ringing up customers you are timed on every aspect of it. DM's are constantly pressuring you to go faster, which makes you more prone to mistakes. I told management that customers dont like how fast we go, but that apparently doesnt matter. You are always on call, whether your own store doesnt need you...another store will. The atmosphere is pretty bad too. I have worked in multiple stores and almost every employee isn't friendly whatsoever. They never give you the time of day and hardly say anything to you. Oh and be prepared for your wrists to hurt and I'm not the only onw who has had wrist trouble. Dont work here.

Take the time to actually talk to your employees about SOMETHING. Shift supervisors and the store managers would never tell you anything such as being out of something or where they moved something. Slow down and communicate with your employees!

There are newer employer reviews for ALDI.

Worked for ALDI? Contribute to the Community!