There are newer employer reviews for ALDI

Good first job but not worth the money in the long run.

Former Employee - District Manager  in  Kansas City, MO
Former Employee - District Manager in Kansas City, MO

I worked at ALDI full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay and benefits were good. Good opportunity for a recent grad.

Cons

Company is stuck in the Stone Age. A lack of technology makes communication slow and time consuming. The pay is great for being right of college but after a few short months they throw you to the wolves running a store. 70-80 hours a week is common and basically expected while running a store. Once you finish training and take over a territory your hours stay about the same. The only way to move up in the company is to work yourself to death and show upper management that you care about nothing but your job. There is a lot of turn over at the DM level and many burn out quickly. In the division I worked in there were very few DM's over the age of 40 because most would quit or be fired by then.

More training needs to be done on being a DM not a Store Manager. If the company would focus less on productivity and more on their employees quality of life the amount of turn over at all levels would be reduced drastically.

469 Other Employee Reviews for ALDI (View Most Recent)

Don't waste your time

Current Employee - Cashier  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Cashier in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at ALDI full-time for less than a year

Pros

Pay. For my area Cashier pay was $12 an hour. Which is really really good considering other grocery stores in this area pay minimum wage. The customers were all really great.

Cons

This place is a joke. I was so excited when I got hired. On my first day I filled out all necessary new hire paperwork, met the store manager and other shift managers and thought to myself "this place is going to be amazing to work at!" I was very very wrong. My "training" consisted of watching videos and "practicing" on a computer for 4 hours. I had no clue as to where anything in the store was, and any requests to help out with stock were shot down. I was told I could "wander around on your break and check out the store." I don't think so. They have unrealistic expectations of employees. I am just upset that I wasted a month, and turned down other job offers in order to work for this company.

Get a clue. Have enough people on staff. It's a grocery store, not NASA.

If I could go back in time, I wouldn't have accepted their offer.

Former Employee - Cashier  in  Beaver Falls, PA
    Former Employee - Cashier in Beaver Falls, PA

I worked at ALDI part-time for less than a year

Pros

Pay and hours...thats about it.

Cons

I applied for a management position and was promised in one of THREE interviews that I would be promoted to an assistant manager in a few months after I was hired. After one week I found out everything in my interview was a scam. They rarely, if ever, promote from within.

"It must be nice to just sit there and ring all day." Haha what a joke. You work your butt off with little help. There are usually only two people working at a time, and you are constantly pressured to get things done in a certain amount of time. (A full pallet has to be unloaded in 20-30 minutes). When ringing up customers you are timed on every aspect of it. DM's are constantly pressuring you to go faster, which makes you more prone to mistakes. I told management that customers dont like how fast we go, but that apparently doesnt matter. You are always on call, whether your own store doesnt need you...another store will. The atmosphere is pretty bad too. I have worked in multiple stores and almost every employee isn't friendly whatsoever. They never give you the time of day and hardly say anything to you. Oh and be prepared for your wrists to hurt and I'm not the only onw who has had wrist trouble. Dont work here.

Take the time to actually talk to your employees about SOMETHING. Shift supervisors and the store managers would never tell you anything such as being out of something or where they moved something. Slow down and communicate with your employees!

There are newer employer reviews for ALDI

Worked for ALDI? Contribute to the Community!