There are newer employer reviews for ALDI

Pimpin Ain't Easy But Somebody Got To Do It.

Former Employee - Store Manager in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Store Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at ALDI full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

relative to you and your vision. With the money I made as a store/assiatant manager ($80,000 yr from 2000-2005),I lived megerly and bought real estate and managed property, you can't go wrong and you will enjoy a better quality of life.If you can do what you do for Aldi, you can do it for yourself!!!! I pass Aldi now and laugh.

Cons

If i still worked their I would be dead. I saw them elimnating the assistant man postion a loooong time ago! managed for 5 years and worked myself to the bone. Holiday season and the first of the month my DM use to make me get 2 trucks a day!!! They opened 3 new stores and had me training nonspeaking-english new hires.(Guess they were trying to get rid of me) mind you , i was still asked to fit this in to my daily work at a high volume store in Val. Division. I THREW my keys to the DM and felt liberated, then named my dog after him!!(J.T.)

No need, they know exactly how to treat the needy.

510 Other Employee Reviews for ALDI (View Most Recent)

Great

Current Employee - Manager in Middletown, CT
    Current Employee - Manager in Middletown, CT

I have been working at ALDI full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great job..great benifits.great people? Everyone is really nice and the company is always behind you

Cons

A lot of hard work

Take care of people who take care of you

Good first job but not worth the money in the long run.

Former Employee - District Manager in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - District Manager in Kansas City, MO

I worked at ALDI full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Pay and benefits were good. Good opportunity for a recent grad.

Cons

Company is stuck in the Stone Age. A lack of technology makes communication slow and time consuming. The pay is great for being right of college but after a few short months they throw you to the wolves running a store. 70-80 hours a week is common and basically expected while running a store. Once you finish training and take over a territory your hours stay about the same. The only way to move up in the company is to work yourself to death and show upper management that you care about nothing but your job. There is a lot of turn over at the DM level and many burn out quickly. In the division I worked in there were very few DM's over the age of 40 because most would quit or be fired by then.

More training needs to be done on being a DM not a Store Manager. If the company would focus less on productivity and more on their employees quality of life the amount of turn over at all levels would be reduced drastically.

There are newer employer reviews for ALDI