There are newer employer reviews for ALDI

Paid well but......

Former Employee - Store Manager in Neptune, NJ
Former Employee - Store Manager in Neptune, NJ

I worked at ALDI full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The pay for running a unit that was 16, 000 sq ft was good, about 70k per year after bonus

Cons

You do it all! From scrubbing toilets, to mopping floors. I stocked the grocery, dairy, frozen, meat, produce, bread etc and all while being the second cashier in the store when needed. Like I said the pay is attractive but the work load and expectations are high, maybe unrealistic for one person on a daily basis. .

Realize that the model of one manager acomplishing the work of at least 3, on a daily basis puts a lot of strain both physically and mentally on most individuals. Also when you have district managers rigjt out of college that can't even perorm at your level, yet call you 24/7 what's fair About that?

reviews filtered by
  1. Good Place to work, atmosphere is great, scheduling is great, people are friendly

I worked at ALDI

Pros

time, pay, Ok place was great, couldnt ask for a better company, love it, management was great, worked around my schedule. was a great opportuinity

Cons

travel, cleanliness, customers, corporate people

2. ALDI

Current Employee - Shift Manager/Cashier
    Current Employee - Shift Manager/Cashier

I have been working at ALDI full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great pay especially if you are committed to putting in some years at ALDI. Advantages for knowing managers at several locations in your area when you don't get scheduled many hours.

Cons

They work you to the bone! I have NEVER seen or heard of anyone retiring from Aldi. Overall not a career choice just a job.

Make room for advancement with your faithful employees. Raises should be given based on performance.

There are newer employer reviews for ALDI