It all depends on you

Current Employee - Manager Trainee  in  Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Manager Trainee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at ALDI full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Money can be good with overtime. You stay busy from the moment you clock in. Benefits not too bad. If you have a good staff, then work can be very enjoyable.

Cons

If you have a micro-managing, Naggy d.m, it can be extremely annoying. It's really frowned upon if you call in sick or have an emergency. Absolutely minimum flexibility in scheduling.

They don't care. Lol

Other Reviews for ALDI

Getting cashier pay to do a managers job....

Current Employee - Cashier  in  Rockford, IL
    Current Employee - Cashier in Rockford, IL

I have been working at ALDI full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You do get paid decent, and they are not open late in the evenings.. You get repetitive customers that become your family away from home. I work with alot of girls and get a long with them all fairly well for the most part.

Cons

Seems like it takes forever to move up in the company. There is lots of managers sitting back and letting the cashiers do thier jobs while they pretend to do paper work in the office. The store managers get bonuses for monthly things at the store. Well that person didnt do it themselves yet we get nothing. Even the items per minute, voids, sales sheet that are printed. say, we meet our goals for 3 months give us a bonus. We SHOULD GET SOMETHING AT CHRISTMAS too since we make you millions of dollars a year. we get nothing... transfers within district need to be met. I have been waiting a year and a half now.

Cashiers need incentives, be appreciated and recognized for all the hard work done.. the insurance that we have now needs to be re-evaluated.there needs to be rotation within the district if you need a transfer. I think the higher the person is in the company the more they may forget how hard the job still is on your body.

I feel as though the company cares more about productivity than the health of their employees

Current Employee - Cashier
    Current Employee - Cashier

I have been working at ALDI full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great pay
    - Good benefits
    - Fast paced so you are never bored

Cons

- No work to life balance
    - VERY minimal breaks (you could work 7+ hours with no break)
    - This job will wear you done physically and mentally.

Your expectations for employees are so high that some slowly hurting themselves to meet them. We need management to care about our health more.

There are newer employer reviews for ALDI.

Worked for ALDI? Contribute to the Community!