ALDI

www.aldi.com

It pays the bills

Shift Manager (Current Employee) Greensboro, NC

ProsExcellent benefits that are inexpensive
Pay rate higher than other retail grocers
Fast pace and many responsibilities makes the time pass quickly

Cons* They always want you to work faster and more efficiently, yet provide employees with outdated and inefficient equipment
* They do not take advantage of new technology
* All employees must be available to work from 5am-11pm every day
* Extremely physically demanding work - you will not have the energy to do anything after work!
* I've seen many employees get seriously injured...broken feet, torn muscles, back injuries requiring surgery, carpel tunnel, deep cuts
* Shift Manager rate of pay is advertised as $15.80 per hour, but actually it's a $4.00 per hour premium on top of cashier rate of pay. When the manager is there, you only make cashier rate, yet you still have all the training and ability of a shift manager.
* Low morale due to no incentives, no encouragement, just constant negativity.
* Lots of drama between co-workers
* Limited room for advancement

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in newer equipment and technology so employees can do their job more efficiently and safely.

Create a monetary incentive program for lower level employees. As it stands, only Store Managers get monetary incentives, yet it is the lower level employees doing all the 'grunt work'.

Realize that by only having 1 cashier available with the other employees as back up sets you up for customer complaints for long lines and smashed groceries. You will never have the front end service of Harris Teeter without utilizing more hours.

Stop trying to be like other grocers and stick to being Aldi.

Very fast paced environment

Cashier (Former Employee)

I worked at ALDI full-time

Pros: If you do not like a fast paced environment then… Cons: Feet hurts at the end of every shift Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Hard hard work but nice pay

Shift Manager (Current Employee) Cleveland, OH

I have been working at ALDI full-time for more than a year

Pros: The pay, holidays off, not a clock watching job Cons: Not consistent hours, late nights and early mornings, schedule constantly… Advice to Senior Management: Create a steady schedule that is fair for all employees, allow employees to have a good… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on ALDI.

Worked for ALDI? Contribute to the Community!