There are newer employer reviews for ALDI

Great training ground for future endevours

Former Employee - District Manager in Haines City, FL
Former Employee - District Manager in Haines City, FL

I worked at ALDI full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

AWESOME benefits - high pay, company car, great vacation schedule, highly ethical company.

Cons

Work many hours, have to have the right leaders for the job to be enjoyable. The unwritten rule at ALDI - the job always comes first

Advice to Management

Look at DM work load and try to take something off their plate.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Overall, a challenging and great place to work

I have been working at ALDI

Pros

I get the freedom to do my job and run my own business.

Cons

There is a lot of multitasking and followup. At times trying to train people can get overwhelming.

Work or a life, you cant have both.

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at ALDI full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great if you are paid hourly because you will rack up the over time.

Cons

Once you become a store manager, it's actually a pay cut from when you were an hourly manager trainee...and that includes the bonus. Your store is always under staffed because you as the store manager don't do the hiring. That is left up to the DM and since the more you work as a salaried manager the more money they save, your never staffed. I worked 6-7 days a week 12-16 hours a day. You unload the truck and have to ring and have to clean up after people have to help customers because lots of times it's only 2 or 3 employees in the store, and that includes the manager. Then they have all these other tasks that corporate wants you to get done at the same time and want NO overtime from anyone else, so it's the salaried person who gets to stay. Upper management has no clue how to actually run a store, but they wont hesitate to mandate how every store should be doing things. My favorite quote is "the lack of employees you have, has no effect on getting things done." and thats from a director. Also once your reach the store manager level, thats where you will stay. they don't promote from store level, so you have no chance on getting into a DM or corporate position.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring fresh from college DM's with no work experience. Start promoting store manager to DM's. The amount of DM turn over is ridiculous. Store managers wont just have a better understanding of the position, they will actually have answers for questions and problems that are brought to them.