ALDI

www.aldi.com

Rewarding for hard workers!

Store Manager Trainee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThe benefits and pay are some of the best in the industry. The opportunity for advancement is there, as there are many training programs for management positions within the company. Employees are given a very high level of responsibility for entry-level positions and are often left to make day-to-day decisions on their own or with little guidance.

ConsThe company expects a lot out of its employees. In my experience, it is hard to get fired from here once you're in the door. This is unfortunate because it can mean managers that don't know how to do their job but won't get fired because they haven't broken any major policies within the company. Depending on the specific store, promotions to shift manager can be nearly impossible with veteran staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize the members of the store staff that are ready for management positions and start to really watch which members of management are effective and innovative, not just scraping by.

Hard working, great opportunity, high pressure and stress position

District Manager (Current Employee) Detroit, MI

I have been working at ALDI full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Salary, Benefits, people, hard working environment Cons: Many Hours, micro managing company Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

I like my job, it just gets overwhelming

Shift Manager/Cashier (Current Employee) Anderson, SC

I have been working at ALDI part-time for more than a year

Pros: Friendly staff, cheap, great pay for an entry level job Cons: Fast paced, so many things to do at once, you are either sitting at the register… Advice to Senior Management: Bring in people in the evening to specifically get the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on ALDI.

Worked for ALDI? Contribute to the Community!