There are newer employer reviews for ALDI

Rewarding for hard workers!

Current Employee - Store Manager Trainee in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Store Manager Trainee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at ALDI full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits and pay are some of the best in the industry. The opportunity for advancement is there, as there are many training programs for management positions within the company. Employees are given a very high level of responsibility for entry-level positions and are often left to make day-to-day decisions on their own or with little guidance.

Cons

The company expects a lot out of its employees. In my experience, it is hard to get fired from here once you're in the door. This is unfortunate because it can mean managers that don't know how to do their job but won't get fired because they haven't broken any major policies within the company. Depending on the specific store, promotions to shift manager can be nearly impossible with veteran staff.

Advice to Management

Recognize the members of the store staff that are ready for management positions and start to really watch which members of management are effective and innovative, not just scraping by.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Its a very very very hard work environment.

Former Employee - Cashier
    Former Employee - Cashier

I worked at ALDI full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay and excellent benefits that start quickly.

Cons

People think you make a lot because they pay 10.00 an hr. for a cashier, but full time is 20 hrs a week and to earn that 10 bucks you stock merchandise every where freezers and coolers. You also have to clean sweep, edge mop, clean fixtures and worst of all the restrooms which my store did not even supply you with gloves. I had to bring my own. While cleaning and stocking you are expected to keep an eye out for customers, which to a certain extent is fine unless you are fare away or cleaning the bathrooms, yes they even want to stop in the middle of cleaning the restrooms to wait on people. Also if they call you and ask you to come in and you do thinking your going to get extra hours, then later in the week they come up with some excuse to send you home early. Also they didn't always give you proper breaks they would send you so late some times, that you almost felt ill. The first day I worked like 9 hr. and only got one 10 or 15 min. break per the district managers instructions.They also time how many items you ring a minute and expect you to fling peoples groceries back in there cart. I am writing this because I have moved and they are about to open a Aldis here and I just wanted to warn people who were thinking of applying here.

Advice to Management

Please treat your people with kindness, respect and professionalism.

Current employee

I have been working at ALDI full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Money only reason staff stays

Cons

Very inconsistent upper management, directors , district managers, company standards , average benefits , strange secretive organization, food is mishandled constantly due to work environment . Pay off former employees to keep quite