ALDI

www.aldi.us
  www.aldi.us
There are newer employer reviews for ALDI

It's good for now but not forever...

I have been working at ALDI

Pros

Aldi's pays well and promotions are available if you work hard. Benefits are nice. The work environment is pleasant. There is good, constant communication with management.

Cons

The work is back breaking. Almost every person I know who works for or has worked for aldi requires surgery due to the extensive physical work done. Whether its back issues, carpal tunnel; if you stay working there you are going to age your body well beyond its years.

566 Other Employee Reviews for ALDI (View Most Recent)

Rewarding for hard workers!

Current Employee - Store Manager Trainee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Store Manager Trainee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at ALDI full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits and pay are some of the best in the industry. The opportunity for advancement is there, as there are many training programs for management positions within the company. Employees are given a very high level of responsibility for entry-level positions and are often left to make day-to-day decisions on their own or with little guidance.

Cons

The company expects a lot out of its employees. In my experience, it is hard to get fired from here once you're in the door. This is unfortunate because it can mean managers that don't know how to do their job but won't get fired because they haven't broken any major policies within the company. Depending on the specific store, promotions to shift manager can be nearly impossible with veteran staff.

Recognize the members of the store staff that are ready for management positions and start to really watch which members of management are effective and innovative, not just scraping by.

Hard working, great opportunity, high pressure and stress position

Current Employee - District Manager in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - District Manager in Detroit, MI

I have been working at ALDI full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Salary, Benefits, people, hard working environment

Cons

Many Hours, micro managing company

There are newer employer reviews for ALDI