Company takes care of its' employees but expects HARD work in return.

Current Employee - Store Manager
Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at ALDI full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The benefits are great! They would be hard to match in a similar retail environment. The pay is also substantial for the positions. The culture of each store is very different but ours is awesome. I feel like I go to work with close friends and family on a daily basis and we always strive to have fun while getting our job done.

Cons

Work/life balance for a Manager is almost non-existent. We are salaried employees at 50 hours with no overtime (loop hole for "executive" employees). We are definitely not executive employees, and you will always put in more than 50 hours per week. You are also on-call 24/7 for any type of an "emergency". This leaves little time for family, friends, hobbies, etc. There are little to no opportunities to move up within the company. They do not have a hire from within culture.

Give qualified employees the chance to move up within the company. They know your company, and are loyal to it. You should be the same way towards them.

Other Reviews for ALDI

Having Fun!

Current Employee - Cashier  in  Findlay, OH
    Current Employee - Cashier in Findlay, OH

I have been working at ALDI full-time for less than a year

Pros

Learning to be a cashier.

Cons

Have to go fast sometimes.

Upper management take more time to train.

Overworked, and treated with great disrespect as an employee.

Former Employee - Cashier  in  Pinellas Park, FL
    Former Employee - Cashier in Pinellas Park, FL

I worked at ALDI full-time for less than a year

Pros

The job was physical and kept me moving around.

Cons

Overworked, not enough employees, schedule unpredictable and changed at last minute often. Management was disrespectful and degrading. I hated my employment with this company and I tell my friends and family not to shop there, and they don't.

Train your store managers to be more respectful to employees and show gratitude when employees are working overtime for weeks in a row at times, or it was the complete opposite, only receiving 20 to 25 hours a week or less. Hire more than 6 employees to run an entire store, which creates overworked and tired employees. II left a 15 year career with Publix to work at Aldi, and it was the biggest mistake I've ever made. Everyone I know who is still employed by Aldi, expresses their hate for their employment with Aldi. I tell everyone I know about my experiences with my employment and as a shopper at Aldi, and they no longer shop there.

There are newer employer reviews for ALDI.

Worked for ALDI? Contribute to the Community!