There are newer employer reviews for ALDI

Company takes care of its' employees but expects HARD work in return.

Current Employee - Store Manager
Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at ALDI full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The benefits are great! They would be hard to match in a similar retail environment. The pay is also substantial for the positions. The culture of each store is very different but ours is awesome. I feel like I go to work with close friends and family on a daily basis and we always strive to have fun while getting our job done.

Cons

Work/life balance for a Manager is almost non-existent. We are salaried employees at 50 hours with no overtime (loop hole for "executive" employees). We are definitely not executive employees, and you will always put in more than 50 hours per week. You are also on-call 24/7 for any type of an "emergency". This leaves little time for family, friends, hobbies, etc. There are little to no opportunities to move up within the company. They do not have a hire from within culture.

Give qualified employees the chance to move up within the company. They know your company, and are loyal to it. You should be the same way towards them.

503 Other Employee Reviews for ALDI (View Most Recent)

Aldi Foods

Former Employee - Store Manager in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at ALDI full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Excellent pay and plenty of opportunity to advance. Fast paced environment is not for everyone so some can clean up on overtime or advancement opportunities.

Cons

It can be very difficult to balance your work and life while working for Aldi. Hours are driven by sales, which are uneven as a result of beginning of the month benefits.

Manager In Training

Former Employee - Manager Trainee
    Former Employee - Manager Trainee

I worked at ALDI full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Pay..but even then not worth it

Cons

Long ridiculous hours-back to back work shifts-Upper Mgmt has unrealistic expectations of employees, lack of support from trainer and division manager-produce out in 1.5 hours, pallet unloaded in 45 minutes-if you don't get this done you are out the door. You never will get a break as a store manager-according to division manager "my store managers never take a break during their 10 hour shift" - this comment made to me when I explained that I couldn't get a drink of water during my shift. My trainer explained to me that the reason she didn't place enough staff on when I was first overseeing shifts alone was because she "wanted to push me". If you have sick children, parents, or anyone else that depends on you, explain to them that if anything happens while you are at work too bad as you have no time to accept phone calls or leave the building. This is the WORST job I have EVER had!!!! The money is the incentive - don't do it!!! Low prices on products means long, exhausting work hours for you.

Try to remain truthful to your employees and treat them as if they have something to offer other than the grunt work you pay them to do.

There are newer employer reviews for ALDI