There are newer employer reviews for ALDI

Having Fun!

Current Employee - Cashier  in  Findlay, OH
Current Employee - Cashier in Findlay, OH

I have been working at ALDI full-time for less than a year

Pros

Learning to be a cashier.

Cons

Have to go fast sometimes.

Upper management take more time to train.

473 Other Employee Reviews for ALDI (View Most Recent)

Overworked, and treated with great disrespect as an employee.

Former Employee - Cashier  in  Pinellas Park, FL
    Former Employee - Cashier in Pinellas Park, FL

I worked at ALDI full-time for less than a year

Pros

The job was physical and kept me moving around.

Cons

Overworked, not enough employees, schedule unpredictable and changed at last minute often. Management was disrespectful and degrading. I hated my employment with this company and I tell my friends and family not to shop there, and they don't.

Train your store managers to be more respectful to employees and show gratitude when employees are working overtime for weeks in a row at times, or it was the complete opposite, only receiving 20 to 25 hours a week or less. Hire more than 6 employees to run an entire store, which creates overworked and tired employees. II left a 15 year career with Publix to work at Aldi, and it was the biggest mistake I've ever made. Everyone I know who is still employed by Aldi, expresses their hate for their employment with Aldi. I tell everyone I know about my experiences with my employment and as a shopper at Aldi, and they no longer shop there.

Store Manager Trainee

Former Employee - Store Manager Trainee  in  Deerfield Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Store Manager Trainee in Deerfield Beach, FL

I worked at ALDI full-time for less than a year

Pros

Pay was ok. But you don't get to work 40 hours.

Cons

I left my fulltime job that I was in for 8 years to accepted a job at aldi, that was the biggest mistake I have ever made in my life. Aldi is a joke. When I went for the job interview I was told that, they have a training store just for Manager in Trainee only and you work 40 hours a week that wasn't true. Aldi doesn't give you more than 30 hours a week, sometimes they even give you 20 hours a week, that's how low aldi go. if you have a family, an you the head of household please don't waste your time with ALDi. They have really high turnover I wish I did my research before accepting that job. My first week at aldi the store Manager gave me a list on the store product in the prices for me to remember, at the end of the week I was giving a test on it. That was the only training I received when I work at aldi. After that no one showed me anything, I was left alone to train myself, every time I went to work I was either stocking shelves or on the cashier register. after a month working at aldi I was transferred to in other store, that store has no store manager, only the assistant manager, cashier and the District Manager in Trainee, two weeks after I transferred to the store, the District manager in trainee quit. District Manager demand so much from you, even thought he knows you not proper training. The district manager have me coming to the store three times at 5:00 am after I left the store 2:00 am so he can trained me on how to do inventory and to place order, when I get to work he wasn't there I waited 2 hours before he finally showed up, no apologizes nothing. When I finally get inside the store he told me he doesn't have time to trained me, I can go home now. Assistant manger at that store is very jealousy because the district manager don't promote them, if you ask them for help they would tell you, they don't know how to do it, after they been at aldi for 5 or more years, in second later after living that aisle, If you made any mistake they would took picture of it send it to the district manager. No team player. Aldi will used you then let you go. And no promotions. I found out a position I was qualified for, when I called the area manager she told me aldi doesn't promote employee, she want her store manager to be a store manager for life. Don't believe anything this management told you during the interview, they treat their employer like crap you never do enough for then, you don't run fast enough. a lot of heavy lifting that can cause serious back problem. Don't quit your job for aldi, now I learn my lesson. I was grateful my position at my old job was still available. I wouldn't know what to do if I didn't get my job back with 5 children's to taking care of

They need to come up with a training system.

There are newer employer reviews for ALDI

Worked for ALDI? Contribute to the Community!