ALDI

www.aldi.us
  www.aldi.us
There are newer employer reviews for ALDI

well paid with some kinks

Current Employee - Shift Manager/Cashier in Omaha, NE
Current Employee - Shift Manager/Cashier in Omaha, NE

I have been working at ALDI full-time (more than an year)

Pros

great benefits, wonderful pay, fun employees

Cons

always to few people in the store no matter the store there should always be at least 4 people to run the store. expectations are way to high for the amount of people in the store at any one time(2 to 3), also the pay for shift managers is split into your cashier wage and you get +4.50 on shifts that you are running, but are expected to be management all the time. you also can not have any facial hair, not even clean shaven, at this store. on any shift you work you have to be clean shaven.

need a better management system, district managers are way to involved in the day to day duties. upper management should not come in store during a shift managers shift and change everything that you have going on. the aldi company should come up with a flat rate pay for shift managers the whole 2 different wages thing is idiotic. allow clean cut beard, it does not look unprofessional to have some "clean cut" facial hair.

559 Other Employee Reviews for ALDI (View Most Recent)

Company takes care of its' employees but expects HARD work in return.

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at ALDI full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The benefits are great! They would be hard to match in a similar retail environment. The pay is also substantial for the positions. The culture of each store is very different but ours is awesome. I feel like I go to work with close friends and family on a daily basis and we always strive to have fun while getting our job done.

Cons

Work/life balance for a Manager is almost non-existent. We are salaried employees at 50 hours with no overtime (loop hole for "executive" employees). We are definitely not executive employees, and you will always put in more than 50 hours per week. You are also on-call 24/7 for any type of an "emergency". This leaves little time for family, friends, hobbies, etc. There are little to no opportunities to move up within the company. They do not have a hire from within culture.

Give qualified employees the chance to move up within the company. They know your company, and are loyal to it. You should be the same way towards them.

Having Fun!

Current Employee - Cashier in Findlay, OH
    Current Employee - Cashier in Findlay, OH

I have been working at ALDI full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Learning to be a cashier.

Cons

Have to go fast sometimes.

Upper management take more time to train.

There are newer employer reviews for ALDI