ALDI
www.aldi.com Essen, Germany 500 to 999 Employees

Hard work decent pay

Cashier (Current Employee)
Pittsburgh, PA

ProsPay rate is more than the average rate for retail sales. Benefits are generous. One week vacation after 6 months. Another week after 1 year. Medical is cheap if you only insure yourself.

ConsLately everyone that has been hired for our store is lazy beyond belief. All they want to do is ring. Sorry, I am sick and tired of busting my ass to make up for the laziness of the others. Store manager has no authority to fire and unless those newbies make a major mistake, the district managers wont fire them. The new hires have figured out how to make great money and get away with doing absolutely nothing.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart listening to complaints from store employees. If there is a pattern, look into the complaint. Also, spend more time hiring the right people. Aldi wastes a bunch of money on the constant fire, hire and train new employees. If time was taken the first round, you wouldnt need to keep hiring so much.

Management treated employees extremely poor.

Cashier (Former Employee)
    Oconomowoc, WI

I worked at ALDI full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great pay, lots of hours Cons: No social life. Very hard work. Always running, on your… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Warehouse Selector

Warehouse Picker (Current Employee)
    Center Valley, PA

I have been working at ALDI part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: They have good pay and decent hours. Bosses are really… Cons: The work can be exhausting. Co-workers are awful, everyone is… Advice to Senior Management: More than one shift More
There are newer reviews on ALDI.

Worked for ALDI? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ALDI reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for ALDI CEO Hartmuth Wiesemann. All reviews posted anonymously by ALDI employees.