Warehouse Selector

Current Employee - Selector
Current Employee - Selector

I have been working at ALDI full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, great pay, great people, work day goes by fast

Cons

Increase for injury, no guaranteed 40 hours, no mon-fri

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Company takes care of its' employees but expects HARD work in return.

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at ALDI full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The benefits are great! They would be hard to match in a similar retail environment. The pay is also substantial for the positions. The culture of each store is very different but ours is awesome. I feel like I go to work with close friends and family on a daily basis and we always strive to have fun while getting our job done.

Cons

Work/life balance for a Manager is almost non-existent. We are salaried employees at 50 hours with no overtime (loop hole for "executive" employees). We are definitely not executive employees, and you will always put in more than 50 hours per week. You are also on-call 24/7 for any type of an "emergency". This leaves little time for family, friends, hobbies, etc. There are little to no opportunities to move up within the company. They do not have a hire from within culture.

Advice to Management

Give qualified employees the chance to move up within the company. They know your company, and are loyal to it. You should be the same way towards them.

2. Hard work decent pay

Current Employee - Cashier in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Cashier in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at ALDI full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay rate is more than the average rate for retail sales. Benefits are generous. One week vacation after 6 months. Another week after 1 year. Medical is cheap if you only insure yourself.

Cons

Lately everyone that has been hired for our store is lazy beyond belief. All they want to do is ring. Sorry, I am sick and tired of busting my ass to make up for the laziness of the others. Store manager has no authority to fire and unless those newbies make a major mistake, the district managers wont fire them. The new hires have figured out how to make great money and get away with doing absolutely nothing.

Advice to Management

Start listening to complaints from store employees. If there is a pattern, look into the complaint. Also, spend more time hiring the right people. Aldi wastes a bunch of money on the constant fire, hire and train new employees. If time was taken the first round, you wouldnt need to keep hiring so much.