ALDI

www.aldi.us
There are newer employer reviews for ALDI

Work very hard for decent pay and benefits.

Current Employee - Order Selector
Current Employee - Order Selector

I have been working at ALDI full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The pay scale was good when I started. It has been the perfect job while going to school. My coworkers make the job fun. A great team building environment.

Cons

Aldi has a way of overworking you when you don't want it and underworking when you need it. As the company gains success, the employee centered ideals the company once held are now overlooked; such as lower wages and deteriorating health benefits.

Communication lacks here please be clear and appreciative to your employees. Additionally reward the hard work, don't simply put more work on them.

591 Other Employee Reviews for ALDI (View Most Recent)

Company takes care of its' employees but expects HARD work in return.

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at ALDI full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The benefits are great! They would be hard to match in a similar retail environment. The pay is also substantial for the positions. The culture of each store is very different but ours is awesome. I feel like I go to work with close friends and family on a daily basis and we always strive to have fun while getting our job done.

Cons

Work/life balance for a Manager is almost non-existent. We are salaried employees at 50 hours with no overtime (loop hole for "executive" employees). We are definitely not executive employees, and you will always put in more than 50 hours per week. You are also on-call 24/7 for any type of an "emergency". This leaves little time for family, friends, hobbies, etc. There are little to no opportunities to move up within the company. They do not have a hire from within culture.

Give qualified employees the chance to move up within the company. They know your company, and are loyal to it. You should be the same way towards them.

Having Fun!

Current Employee - Cashier in Findlay, OH
    Current Employee - Cashier in Findlay, OH

I have been working at ALDI full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Learning to be a cashier.

Cons

Have to go fast sometimes.

Upper management take more time to train.

There are newer employer reviews for ALDI