ALDI

www.aldi.us
  www.aldi.us
There are newer employer reviews for ALDI

Work very hard for decent pay and benefits.

Current Employee - Order Selector
Current Employee - Order Selector

I have been working at ALDI full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The pay scale was good when I started. It has been the perfect job while going to school. My coworkers make the job fun. A great team building environment.

Cons

Aldi has a way of overworking you when you don't want it and underworking when you need it. As the company gains success, the employee centered ideals the company once held are now overlooked; such as lower wages and deteriorating health benefits.

Communication lacks here please be clear and appreciative to your employees. Additionally reward the hard work, don't simply put more work on them.

561 Other Employee Reviews for ALDI (View Most Recent)

Work your life away

I have been working at ALDI

Pros

Free car and free gas salary is great but you never have a true day off

Cons

No life, your phone will ring non stop and a presidential visit can threaten anyone's job

Hard work decent pay

Current Employee - Cashier in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Cashier in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at ALDI full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Pay rate is more than the average rate for retail sales. Benefits are generous. One week vacation after 6 months. Another week after 1 year. Medical is cheap if you only insure yourself.

Cons

Lately everyone that has been hired for our store is lazy beyond belief. All they want to do is ring. Sorry, I am sick and tired of busting my ass to make up for the laziness of the others. Store manager has no authority to fire and unless those newbies make a major mistake, the district managers wont fire them. The new hires have figured out how to make great money and get away with doing absolutely nothing.

Start listening to complaints from store employees. If there is a pattern, look into the complaint. Also, spend more time hiring the right people. Aldi wastes a bunch of money on the constant fire, hire and train new employees. If time was taken the first round, you wouldnt need to keep hiring so much.

There are newer employer reviews for ALDI