There are newer employer reviews for ALDI

VERY GOOD COMPANY WITH GOOD PAY AND BENEFITS

Former Employee - Store Manager
Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at ALDI full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I was a store manager,and I was very impressed with their training and the system in place that Aldi developed to run their stores.You worked hard and you were always busy,but I liked that because I always felt very productive and the days went by fast.They paid very well (but you definitely earned it)and there were good benefits.Great employees and positive atmosphere.

Cons

Wish they would promote more from within the company.District Managers were hired & trained seperately,so you couldn't advance from the store manager position.I was promised something by word and a handshake by upper management....but when things didn't go the way that they wanted,they didn't give me the deal that was promised.Seem to care a little bit more about the bottom line/profit,than their employees.

Promote more from within/especially allow store managers to be promoted to district managers-after all,they already have so much knowledge at the store level.Think about giving store managers a bonus based on sales volume increases,employee productivity,etc.Last,but definitely not least,care more about your employees,and when you promise them something,make good on that promise.

512 Other Employee Reviews for ALDI (View Most Recent)

Overworked with no appreciation shown for hard work

Current Employee - Cashier in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Cashier in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at ALDI full-time (more than an year)

Pros

starting pay is around 11.25/ hour
    Medical benefits are very good but I suspect they only offer it so you stay healthy and they can work you harder.
    2 personel days and 3 sick days after trail period. Paid holidays.
    401k which keeps climbing due to more and more people shopping there.

Cons

Good luck getting a whole weekend off. I have been told its retail so not to expect it.
    Many of the customers are rude. They expect you to bow and kiss their feet.
    No communication between anyone. The district manager is a micromanaging control freak who has no real concept of running a store except what he put on paper in college.
    Expectations are totally warped. The 25 something customer buying the gas grill cant lift the dam thing in their car but its expected of us to do it for them. i didnt sign up to be a dam mover. If the cust cant do it themselves then bring someone who can help.
    after putting in 23 hours in two day, god forbid if you are ever thanked for the extra time. I sure as hell wasnt. In a nutshell, if you have any preconcieved ideas about how great working at aldi is, just think the opposite and read each and every other review in this web site because it will give you a pretty good picture of what it really is like. Are we all angry ex employees who have been fired??No, some of us still work for the company because we have bills and need the money to survive.

Read each and every one of these reviews. It will show you how the majority of employees are miserable and take note of their complaints.
    Will this portion ever get to management....??????? Hell no but it gives prospective employees food for thought before they apply are accept a job offer

Aldi is not the answer

Current Employee - Shift Manager/Cashier in Olathe, KS
    Current Employee - Shift Manager/Cashier in Olathe, KS

I have been working at ALDI full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Decent pay and decent benefits

Cons

But a rat race to try to do all that is expected. High turnover and low moral is common

Stop trying to run stores with only 2 people at a time