ALDI

There are newer employer reviews for ALDI

Never Enough

Former Employee - Store Manager
Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at ALDI full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great Pay and Benefits.....rewarding to see results of your hard work.

Cons

You will never give them enough. You get to 500 productivity they want 550 and so on. The DM's are young as stated on a lot of the reviews here, but some are very good, some have no clue what they are doing and need to call the director to do anything at all. The DM's are told "never give a compliment , their pay is their compliment", that comes from a director, how do I know this? I trained most of the new DM's in the area when I was employed at Aldi, and was told this after a trainee came back from a meeting, she quit shortly after. That is what is so sad about this company, the culture of abuse comes from the top. I had to leave due to family illness and needed more flexibility in my schedule, but one more person every day would have made the job so much better. I did not mind ringing, throwing truck or anything like that, and I have nothing bad to say about the products, never had a bad thing I bought there, but there is no reason to treat people like they do. And if anyone thinks I was a slacker who did not like to work or was lazy, I ran a .28 inventory for three years,had the lowest throw away in my district and was consistently in the three of the division and had a productivity of over 500.

Treat people as you want to be treated.

616 Other Employee Reviews for ALDI (View Most Recent)

Worked to death

Former Employee - Shift Manager
    Former Employee - Shift Manager

I worked at ALDI full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Holidays off, more money than many other jobs in the area, had insurance (before Obamacare), "management" opportunity

Cons

Little to no support from upper management, extreme working conditions, can't use partial sick time/personal time/vacation- must use whole days and vacation=Monday-Sunday... no exceptions, severely understaffed but expectations of your work continue to rise, especially managers- there is no break involved sometimes... I never received a lunch in my 2 and a half years employed there- including working 10 hour shifts. The "Meal" key on the time clock is actually disabled haha. They own your schedule- can't have a 2nd job, "managers" end up on the floor alone as everyone else is cashiering - who do you think has to do everything?

Some advice for anyone that works there- leave. You can find the money elsewhere (I made more as a parttime bartender than as a Shift Leader at ALDI) and the benefits aren't that great. In 2 and a half years I filed 4 workers comp claims (all of them accepted) which makes a grand total of 4 in my life... no breaks, no lunches, time off requests may or may not be accepted... and go ahead and try to call in sick! Good luck! You, the employees, are better than that crap. It's time you took your work ethic to somewhere it will be appreciated. Advice to upper management- don't forget you, and your employees, are human. Don't let them beat that out of you. Because they will...

You work hard and get paid well for it.

Current Employee - Cashier/Shift Manager in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Cashier/Shift Manager in Madison, WI

I have been working at ALDI full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Fast paced work makes the days go by very quickly. 6am early start to your shift means you also get off early, sometimes before noon if everything is done. The pay and benefits are great. I have yet to find a company that even comes close to what ALDI has to offer an hourly employee. If you like to work hard and work with others that do too, ALDI is a great job.

Cons

High turnover - Unfortunately hundreds of people apply for a job at ALDI because they think they can sit down all day at work but the job is far more demanding. Most people quit within 6 months to a year because they find out it’s much harder than they had expected.

There are newer employer reviews for ALDI