ALM

www.alm.com
  www.alm.com
There are newer employer reviews for ALM

Great people make this company

Former Employee - Sales in New York, NY
Former Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I worked at ALM full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Downtown Manhattan. Great atmosphere. Great people that take care of each other. A company that tries to do the right thing. Good products that are highly valued in the marketplace.

Cons

Lots of change in a short time. Some good some bad. Lots of new management that are in a hurry to succeed and are still learning the company.

Trust in your people. Don't lay off employees to improve bottom line profits. May solve short term problems but won't be best in the long run.

84 Other Employee Reviews for ALM (View Most Recent)

ALM Marketing Coordinator

Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in New York, NY

I have been working at ALM full-time (more than an year)

Pros

the people are great, friendly work environment, is very relaxed, the location is super nice and easily accessible, casual dress

Cons

no upward mobility, low raises, management is not trained well and lacks giving proper direction. They have had bi-yearly lay offs over the past few years.

manage

Finally a B2B media company that gets digital

I have been working at ALM

Pros

I have been working in B2B media for over 10 years and this is the first time I can say I've seen a company that gets digital. Other companies are fighting to protect print, still writing for print. At ALM its all about digital - writing for digital, launching apps, overhauling design of all its websites.

If you don't get digital or display signs of resistance you are being shown the door. That has made some people uneasy, but it's required. The old regime was asleep at the wheel. Executives that had no clue, no plan, and were riding the company into the ground. New team is approachable, strong vision, committed. I'm glad to see the change.

Been here 4 years now and love my co-workers. I have been promoted twice with pay increases during that time. I would not have said it a couple years ago, but it is a great place to work.

Cons

-Periods of long hours as projects and deadlines dictate
    -Commute to downtown NYC
    -Strong spirit of accountability - need to hit deadlines and demonstrate results.

Don't let the last few hold-outs slow down the progress. Still some work to do to get your editors fully on board with a new market that is mobile and highly social.

There are newer employer reviews for ALM