There are newer employer reviews for ALSTOM

Strange organization

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

I worked at ALSTOM full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Nice people and building but in an inconvenient area with gridlock traffic coming in and going out on Willows Road. Cars are bumper-to-bumper and you have to drive to go anywhere for lunch other than the on-site restaurant.

Cons

Still on Lotus Notes and entire IT part of company is really messed up and behind over 30 years. You have little to no guidance on getting to key areas as an employee with about 25 different log in links and passwords that aren't yours of choosing. It's an antiquated system and needs re-vamping. They keep saying they will change it but they never do. It's nearly impossible to work there and try to get things done. It's a really quiet place and you can hear a pin drop. It doesn't foster growth or imagination. You are locked out of most of the internet with their dated web browser security system. Don't even think of looking at Facebook or anything like that because you will be blocked.

Get with the program and update your software and system for employees.

196 Other Employee Reviews for ALSTOM (View Most Recent)

overall a nice work experience

Current Employee - Product Manager in Windsor, CT
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Windsor, CT

I have been working at ALSTOM

Pros

location and benifits are the best reasons

Cons

the power industry in general is in decline

Stable and polite.

Current Employee - Test Lead in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Test Lead in Redmond, WA

I have been working at ALSTOM

Pros

Working in the steadily growing power systems management software industry allows me to balance my work and life better than internet software industry. It also is less stressful because things move slower at times and people are more concerned with quality because peoples lives are on the line.

Cons

I am used to working in a fast paced internet industry and sometimes want to get things done now, but in this industry there are a lot of steps and processes to control quality and budgets.

None.