Human Meat Butchers

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Mougins (France)
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Mougins (France)

I have been working at ALTEN full-time for more than a year

Pros

They assisted me while moving in France, but mostly by passing me to a specialized company for professional relocations. But even in this case I had issues: see the Cons.

Cons

This company is the typical "human meat butcher" company: they take and leave skilled professionals on a price basis, always bidding at the lowest price. They targeted me since I was coming from a country in a deep economical crisis, with many problems in job market and used this to offer me a poor salary (despite my many years of experience) and to cover a position to a client, totally out of my competences. They don't care of your skills, but only want to place you in a position at the cheapest price possible: in fact I was able, thanks to my professionality, to be appreciated, but when I was sent at the client side I had zero matching skills with the position.
Also, as an additional hit to the coffin, I was "gently invited" (of the kind "either sign or we will fire you") an extension of the trial period, making me working for 8 months without any legitimate contract.
My salary was also way under the average for the geographical area and the position, so that I had issues finding a proper apartment, and I ended up on the hills at 40 minutes from the job location (without traffic).
I was never offered of any course for certifications in any technology/methodology and when I required for that they delayed any discussion (more skilled professionals don't work for Alten).

I have no advice, other than "restate your company mission": cheap consultancy for IT and Aerospace can be done anywhere in Asia and Africa at better prices than yours. Treating your employees like meat you trade won't create any loyalty and won't make your company's knowledge anywhere.
After one year I decided to quit the company and come back to my troubled country because of the treatment I received: consider how much of your skill asset can be lost by this human resources management, since now I have my own company in a scandinavian country, and I could have brought my know-how to your assets.