There are newer employer reviews for ALTRES

Don't do it

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Honolulu, HI
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

I worked at ALTRES

Pros

It's in Hawaii and a paycheck. Not run as a business for profit.

Cons

Simplicity HR by Altres
Management, Market position and lack of leadership. Not respected in the market.

Retire and go fly your radio airplanes.

10 Other Employee Reviews for ALTRES (View Most Recent)

Great place to work - for locals

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Honolulu, HI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

I worked at ALTRES

Pros

There is a good level of Team work and appreciation for all contributors in every department from service to marketing.

Cons

As an out of state employee there wasn't any welcome committee aside from the owner a few times. The company should work a little harder to make their imported talent feel welcome.

Barron Guss is a great manager and leader. He has created an awesome company his father would be proud of. My only advice would be that the sales department needs a local leader.

Best place I have ever worked...period.

I worked at ALTRES full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Family oriented culture that respects your time and the time you share with your family. They focus on results and growth, but not at the expense of their people. I've never been in a more understanding, supportive and active work environment. Its not for everyone, some people can't handle the work, the pace or the demands of the job. As much as people do leave most of the people here have been here for over 6 years, in this day and age that says a lot.

Cons

Its a smaller organization. You can only rise so far in the organization. That being said, I've always been given opportunities to rise in the organization when I asked for them. Barron and Kerry are entrepreneurs and support innovative ideas and approaches.

Don't ever retire. Hawaii is a better place with the two of you leading ALTRES.

There are newer employer reviews for ALTRES

Worked for ALTRES? Contribute to the Community!