There are newer employer reviews for AMADA

It is good to learn about CAD packages and programming.

Former Employee - Programmer in Chennai (India)
Former Employee - Programmer in Chennai (India)

I worked at AMADA

Pros

May get challenging work. May get good opportunities in work.

Cons

Low pay Employees not valued Not professional

Advice to Management

Management should become more professional and proactive

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

A challenging and good experience with no growth potential

Current Employee - Field Service Engineer
    Current Employee - Field Service Engineer

I have been working at AMADA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-I have a good manager who is always willing to help. -All field service colleagues are willing to provide assistance when needed either by phone or travel when more than one service engineer is needed for those larger jobs. -Amada National Service Machine Specialists are very willing to provide support for those more evasive issues.

Cons

-No growth potential. -Never given a review or pay raise until I requested it. I was told early on that you will not likely see a pay raise until fourth year, as you are training on many types and variations of machines and become proficient. Even after fourth year, one would think you could get proficiency evaluations and incremental raises based on performance or at very least to offset inflation. The Employee Handbook states that evaluations are generally given annually. Actually, it seems that if no one mentions evals and pay raises then they will never be brought up to you...Shhhhhhhh!!!!...Be very quiet...if you don't mention Pay Raise or Eval, our employees will not want them!??????? -Very little company information disseminated to the ranks.

Advice to Management

Start looking at your service engineers as the first line of ensuring new machine sales and repeat business instead of the bottom rung. I heard in the beginning that "Amada is a new machine sales company, don't expect to much as a service engineer". I did not understand that comment until lately. Management...with economic conditions accounted for, get your service engineers pay up to par and maybe institute an annual bonus. You may also want to look into updating the per diem pay as most traveling service engineers have to spend more than is reimbursed in order to eat a healthy meal these days, as food prices are through the roof.

Definitely a NO

Current Employee - Software Team Lead in La Mirada, CA
    Current Employee - Software Team Lead in La Mirada, CA

I have been working at AMADA (More than 10 years)

Pros

Thought of it for few minutes and seriously none.

Cons

Poor communication of software development staff. Absolutely no growth potential with salary at least 30% below market rate. They expect developers to work in really old technology.

Advice to Management

Need to have two separate teams. One for old technology and one for new one for migration projects. Trying to get developers to do work for two different positions is not fair.