AMADA

www.amada.com
  www.amada.com
There are newer employer reviews for AMADA

It is good to learn about CAD packages and programming.

Former Employee - Programmer in Chennai (India)
Former Employee - Programmer in Chennai (India)

I worked at AMADA

Pros

May get challenging work.
May get good opportunities in work.

Cons

Low pay
Employees not valued
Not professional

Management should become more professional and proactive

17 Other Employee Reviews for AMADA (View Most Recent)

A challenging and good experience with no growth potential

Current Employee - Field Service Engineer
    Current Employee - Field Service Engineer

I have been working at AMADA full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

-I have a good manager who is always willing to help.
    -All field service colleagues are willing to provide assistance when needed either by phone or travel when more than one service engineer is needed for those larger jobs.
    -Amada National Service Machine Specialists are very willing to provide support for those more evasive issues.

Cons

-No growth potential.
    -Never given a review or pay raise until I requested it. I was told early on that you will not likely see a pay raise until fourth year, as you are training on many types and variations of machines and become proficient. Even after fourth year, one would think you could get proficiency evaluations and incremental raises based on performance or at very least to offset inflation. The Employee Handbook states that evaluations are generally given annually. Actually, it seems that if no one mentions evals and pay raises then they will never be brought up to you...Shhhhhhhh!!!!...Be very quiet...if you don't mention Pay Raise or Eval, our employees will not want them!???????
    -Very little company information disseminated to the ranks.

Start looking at your service engineers as the first line of ensuring new machine sales and repeat business instead of the bottom rung. I heard in the beginning that "Amada is a new machine sales company, don't expect to much as a service engineer". I did not understand that comment until lately. Management...with economic conditions accounted for, get your service engineers pay up to par and maybe institute an annual bonus. You may also want to look into updating the per diem pay as most traveling service engineers have to spend more than is reimbursed in order to eat a healthy meal these days, as food prices are through the roof.

I was hired to be a press brake operator I thought

Former Employee - Press Brake Operator I Thought in Brea, CA
    Former Employee - Press Brake Operator I Thought in Brea, CA

I worked at AMADA full-time (less than an year)

Pros

It was a relaxed atmosphere.

Cons

I was hired by agency. I was told that my interview that it was up to me to be hired by the company. So I put my hundred percent into what ever I was doing. Sorting parts for the welders and tapping , grinding and finding pallets.About 10% running the press brake.It made no sense to me why they hired me for a brake operator.So I learned for two months how to put the LCG 3015 parts together for weld. So it was my responsibility for everybody that touches the parts on the pallets.When the welder went to go get the parts he was going to weld and if there are not all there it was my fault. Apparently I wasn't well-liked because I knew the parts were there. And I got blamed for this stuff I didn't even do. Oh yeah I'm supposed to be a press brake operator I never got the chance to be one.I'll give you a heads up! revolving door policy. Brake operators want to keep their jobs.

Don't lie to people that want to get employed by you and tell them what they want to hear.And do just the opposite.And put them into an unfair situation.Knowing that they need to feed their families and keep a roof over their heads. Don't play games with peoples lives. When interviewing people tell him exactly what they are going to do.

There are newer employer reviews for AMADA