AMC Dine-In Theatres

Great experience

Former Employee - Server  in  Marina del Rey, CA
Former Employee - Server in Marina del Rey, CA

I worked at AMC Dine-In Theatres part-time for less than a year

Pros

My co-workers were the best people I could have ever met. I am blessed to have gotten an opportunity to work with them.
The tips were decent.
Being able to watch a movie for free at AMC saves a lot of money.

Cons

There were often scheduling conflicts that took too long to resolve. Day off requests were often not approved even though they were submitted 3 weeks in advance.
Servers were required to up-sell the STUBS loyalty program. Servers who sold more of the STUBS were given better sections in the theaters.
Servers had to follow a script. If the script was not followed exactly and management found out, the server was reprimanded.

Management needs to understand the restaurant aspect of the Dine-In Theater experience as opposed to just focusing on the theater aspect.

12 Other Employee Reviews for AMC Dine-In Theatres (View Most Recent)

Why do we do this to ourselves?

I have been working at AMC Dine-In Theatres

Pros

-Free movies
    -half off food (oh wait that's only when you are WORKING, darn)
    -Great on resume for people pursuing the film industry
    That's about all folks!

Cons

Sheesh, where do I begin?

-OVERWORKED; we literally work for every penny we make
    -Shifts not promised. Oh you found out you have 4 shifts this week and you're so stoked because this means more tips for you! Wrong. If AMC is slow; they cut. Usually when this happens, it gets busy right after. So guess what? Then we're understaffed & overworked.
    -We hire a crap load of servers (too many!) but not enough runners nor bussers yet we tip them out when most times we are running our own trays to guests
    -Management sucks. I almost cursed but I'm trying to keep this professional. Management does not care about employees. I am blessed to have an amazing GM. But management is truly so caught up in their feelings. Buncha sensitives! Takes everything personally. You can't voice your concerns without them trying to defend it.
    -Pay. We are based off of tips. If we are understaffed guess what this means? Our guests are unhappy. What happens if our guests are unhappy? We don't get tipped. Bingo! Thanks AMC

Honestly... You may ask, well girl why are still working there? I don't even know! I love film so much and it's where my career is headed so that answers some of that. Plus I'm in school so it works. I have hope for AMC; I just think it's needs a complete makeover - meaning fire the bad. Even if that's the main BOSS. We need someone who cares about the employees working their butts off & who hires quality people. WE make smiles happen; but we can't if YOU can't make our smiles happen.

Complete 360; fix the whole darn team. Stop renovating theaters and invest in quality people to guide these theaters.

Working at the AMC DIT

Current Employee - Server  in  Bridgewater, NJ
    Current Employee - Server in Bridgewater, NJ

I have been working at AMC Dine-In Theatres part-time for less than a year

Pros

The flexibility of the work schedule is great, people are always eager to pick up or drop unwanted shifts

Cons

Management doesn't really seem to care about individual servers and do little in the face of server feedback.

Listen to your employee's and care about them not just yes them

There are newer employer reviews for AMC Dine-In Theatres

Worked for AMC Dine-In Theatres? Contribute to the Community!