There are newer employer reviews for AMC Entertainment

Great company....

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Kansas City, MO
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at AMC Entertainment full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flex time, free movies, fun culture, backing of supervisors, family oriented.

Cons

The health care could be better, but it is provided.

Not enough interaction between the departments.

538 Other Employee Reviews for AMC Entertainment (View Most Recent)

A fun place to work and interact with countless guests and the amazing benefit of free movies.

Current Employee - Film Crew  in  McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Film Crew in McLean, VA

I have been working at AMC Entertainment part-time for less than a year

Pros

Free movies. Even though everyone knows this is a great perk, it's still underrated. Being able to see free movies saves so much money now-a-days. You can also get a few friends in with you so you'll always have company. When you're working you can get discounts on concession items as well as free popcorn. If you enjoy a job that keeps you moving for long periods of time, or you like to interact with a lot of people, this place is perfect. Specifically Tyson's Corner, you will deal with hundreds of people. Generally, there are a good amount of fun people to work with and you make a lot of friends with your coworkers. Everyone has a different experience working at the theater. I may have a longer Cons sections, but don't get me wrong. I love this job and I don't plan on leaving the movie theater business too soon.

Cons

You will be worked to the bone. Scheduling is not too flexible. They hire you based on a relatively open availability, but then expect you to commit to that. Don't expect to change your hours. They won't let you and will change their attitude if you absolutely have to change them. Breaks are sometimes unheard of and the shifts are very long. It seems as if the people who have worked at the theater longest are favored above those who haven't. With the relatively weak screening process, a large amount of people who work at a movie theater have horrible work ethic, attitude and just a bad approach to the job with very little seriousness. You have to be self-motivated to stand out but it's annoying how people manage to either be bad at their job or not care about it when it's so easy. Also, you end up dealing with a lot of dumb and rude guests. Many people don't use their eyes, ears, or a small amount of their brains therefore they ask dumb questions. As well, guests feel entitled to absolutely everything, so when they don't get EXACTLY what they want, they complain. About anything. And they expect to get reimbursed for everything. But you never go home without any stories to tell. Don't expect to have a huge social life. You're expected to work weekends, nights, and most, if not all, holidays. I haven't had a Friday or Saturday off in over 6 months. Tyson's Corner basically forces you to work during holidays as well as weekends. Luckily I don't have a social life, but I value money highly and at least this is an income.

Hire people with better work ethic and attitude for the job. Increase the number of staff members and allow for more flexibility in the crew members' schedules.

Film Crew

Former Employee - Film Crew Member  in  Woodland Hills, CA
    Former Employee - Film Crew Member in Woodland Hills, CA

I worked at AMC Entertainment part-time for more than a year

Pros

Free Movies, great co-workers. Always get to see the newest movies first and able to obtain free marketing materials. Good place for your first job.

Cons

Unstable hours and shifts, little to no benefits.

There are newer employer reviews for AMC Entertainment

Worked for AMC Entertainment? Contribute to the Community!