AMC Entertainment

www.amctheatres.com
  www.amctheatres.com
There are newer employer reviews for AMC Entertainment

A lot of work for little pay

Current Employee - Supervisor in Oldsmar, FL
Current Employee - Supervisor in Oldsmar, FL

I have been working at AMC Entertainment full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great staff and work perks are pretty good

Cons

You bust your butt for the amount of pay you get. I've had different jobs before making way more doing the same amount of work.

602 Other Employee Reviews for AMC Entertainment (View Most Recent)

Great for a summer job, not as a career.

I worked at AMC Entertainment

Pros

Good way to get experience if looking for a summer job. Employees that work with you tend to be friendly and helpful.

Cons

Minimum wage pay not enough depending on where you are (In VA, $7.25). Forced to sell rewards cards and threatened with job security if you don't. You don't get paid the extra commission that you should if you successfully sell the card. Customers can be extremely rude at times.

Worked as Supervisor for over 2 years

Former Employee - Human Resources/Marketing Supervisor
    Former Employee - Human Resources/Marketing Supervisor

I worked at AMC Entertainment full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Experience! I learned how to be an SM due to strong mentoring culture (my resume looks amazing!)
    Friendly fun coworkers, longlasting friendships, free movies (limited to who can come with you for free too), steady hours, prescreenings of anticipated releases, dress up as movie characters for marathon and midnight release events, free movie posters/standees

Cons

Guests can actually be incredibly rude and demanding especially when managers are unorganized
    That 'strong mentoring' also felt like I was doing my work, crew work, and manager work for very low pay.
    I worked over 50 hours weekly! At least 10 hour days everyshift! NO BREAK EVER!
    Always understaffed! Close at 3am then open at 7am! No overtime or holiday pay!
    Coworkers that slacked did not receive any disipline! Hardly any incentives!
    Always expected to prove yourself as a manager when you get paid to be a supervisor!
    Felt like each GM I worked under (3 in two years!) only cared of how the theater relfected on themselves.
    The GM position is where all the money goes (they have GM meetings in Hollywood and Las Vegas where they each received ipads).
    Since most crew was young, in school, first job, only got minimum wage they slacked alot! Strict weekend and holiday availability requirments even for crew.
    Booth management and employees were left hanging when we switched to digital. All their work was added to ours.
    Facilities Manager (worked for our theater then expected to also work for two others in the district with no raise of pay or gas money) needless to say he quit and I learned alot about facilities as we awaited a new manager

Please seriously work on balancing corporate to crew level. It feels like the knowledge, success, and money isn't distributed properly.
    May want to think about drug testing for employment.
    Managers and supervisors are seriously overworked (even crew).
    Mentoring is awesome but there needs to be more incentives even raises along with the added work and responsibilities.
    This can be a great, fun, long lasting job! I was all set to move up to manager and then realized I had no time for school or living a life and the job isn't worth giving that up.
    I was seriously disgusted to feel my insane hardwork was not appreciated as much as it should've been.
    Employees that slack are expected to with no disipline and employees that work hard are expected to work harder with no incentive.
    You are loosing alot of great employees due to lack of respect, incentives, time off, understanding corporate and managers :(

There are newer employer reviews for AMC Entertainment