AMC Entertainment

www.amctheatres.com
  www.amctheatres.com
There are newer employer reviews for AMC Entertainment

the experience is eye opening and helps you get a understand ing that you want to be very successful when you get older!

Current Employee - Film Crew Member in New York, NY
Current Employee - Film Crew Member in New York, NY

I have been working at AMC Entertainment part-time (less than an year)

Pros

free pop corn
free movie tickets
discounts on food items while on break ONLY
Thats all.

Cons

No discounts on food regularly
Not a good pay for the amount of work
Rude guest
Rude team members

For sailing the stubs workers should get some type of commission check!

610 Other Employee Reviews for AMC Entertainment (View Most Recent)

Fun work environment, free movies... but low pay.

Current Employee - Film Crew in Cupertino, CA
    Current Employee - Film Crew in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at AMC Entertainment part-time (more than an year)

Pros

-They use a very effective Workbrain System for clocking in/out, requesting days off, and sending messages to managers. You can easily send a day off request from your home computer. Most other jobs would force you to make the requests in person or handwritten on a board!

-Obviously, the free movies. This is an amazing benefit and I try to see at least 2 a week to keep myself educated on current releases and to improve my writing quality.

-Good co-workers. AMC hires people that are friendly and intelligent, and it shows when we are working together or just conversing during a slow period.

-Free popcorn and soda when you work + discounts on just about every food item. (They even have discounts on candy and ice cream now... back in 2005 they did not!)

-Based on AMC surveys, we can also get free food/discount food when we're not even working, and our theater has been hitting those goals more often than not.

-While the hours are not always enough lately, if you work hard, they will make an effort to give you as many hours as they can.

-Some people don't enjoy it, but I enjoy the challenge of selling people Stubs.

Cons

-From what I was told, they no longer offer commission for achieving high sales numbers. In my first stint here in 2005-07, if someone made $2000+ (concession) or $10,000+ (Box Office), they would get something like a 1% commission... it would end up being $20-$30 added to a daily shift, so 4 hours of work or so. But that is no longer around.

-The "crew bucks" have some decent bonuses but they are rather limited in how they can be used.

-You get minimum wage and they no longer offer raises for learning new tasks like Concession or Box Office. Raises only come through the six-month evaluations that employees receive.

-Some guests can be rude, and others are a bit too polite. They may have no interest in Stubs whatsoever, but will let you go through your whole sales technique before declining the offer.

-We are limited to 28 hrs average (weekly) per month... so you might get 35-40 hrs a week on a holiday week, but then only 2 or 3 short shifts when it's a slow week.

Bring back some form of cash-based commission, not just the crew bucks.

complete waste of my time

Former Employee - Usher in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Usher in New York, NY

I worked at AMC Entertainment part-time (less than an year)

Pros

AMC Stubs and free movies made it all worthwhile

Cons

filthy and disgusting cleaning. extremelydisrespectful

There are newer employer reviews for AMC Entertainment