There are newer employer reviews for AMD

Needs Improvement

Current Employee - Technical Alliance Manager in Sunnyvale, CA
Current Employee - Technical Alliance Manager in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at AMD

Pros

The people on my team. Very smart and dedicated.

Cons

Financial Uncertainty of the company. Multiple rounds of layoffs over past year.

Do one big cut, not lots of small cuts. Explain to us how you are reducing real estate costs. Address the rumor that a buyer for ONE AMD Place is the reason we went through a disruptive physical move Be more communicative. Most things I hear on the web about AMD are then confirmed by AMD mgmt days later. gg

reviews filtered by

Used to be better...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at AMD

Pros

Laid back culture, fairly flexible hours, a good number of very smart people to work around, mid-level management is personable and easy to work with

Cons

Frequent layoffs, frequent changes in project plans, projects understaffed with no downtime between them, benefits not competitive with other chip design companies in Austin, promotions based on obscure and borderline non-sensical ranking system with manager personality and politics playing a larger role than technical ability/job performance.

Fix morale, make recent benefit changes temporary instead of permanent. The best and brightest can easily find better employment terms in Austin, and AMD needs to do something, anything, more than just appealing to their nostalgia, to keep them at AMD.

Used to love it here, but now I can't wait to get out.

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at AMD

Pros

AMD permits a better work / life balance then many other companies.

Cons

Executive management does not look out for the employees best interests. They are more concerned about creating new companies then the employees well being. We are constantly under the gun for layoffs and have not shown a profit in 2 years. Morale is awful right now and jobs are being outsourced oversees. I used to love coming to work here, but morale has gotten worse and worse over the years.

Quit giving yourselves bonuses, while the rest of us get no bonuses. Its sad to see our friends go in layoffs, while executives give themselves millions in bonuses.

There are newer employer reviews for AMD