AMD

www.amd.com

Ok place to work for junior to intermediate employees

Program Manager II (Former Employee) Markham, ON (Canada)

ProsWork with the leading edge of technology. Some of the smartest people you will ever run into. Some of the hardest working people you will ever run into. Definitely excellent for new graduates.

ConsFrom intermediate (Manager, Program Manager1, etc. ) and upwards, the environment becomes increasingly political. Contribution and "getting it done" becomes less important than "visibility", managing up, and "messaging". Much work is done to "Make the VP look good in front of his peers". This is often to the detriment of the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork very hard to change the culture into one that values work, and reporting the un-coloured truth.
Many at the working levels are putting their faith in the hope the new CEO and his team will remove/replace some of the entrenched senior directors, CVPs and VPs so that the culture has a chance to change.

struggling company, very good life/work balance

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at AMD full-time for more than a year

Pros: very flexible working hours, friendly team Cons: struggling company, can't compete with others on benefit wise. losing… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

In general, pretty good. The teams I've been on and interacted with closely have been pretty tight-knit teams.

Member of Technical Staff (Current Employee) Markham, ON (Canada)

I have been working at AMD full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: There's a mix of startup and corporate mentality, depending on the team, which can be a pro if you're inclined in one direction. It's not… Cons: With a company this size, there are some politics, especially when you throw in different sites, and the corporateness. Also, interacting with different sites across… Advice to Senior Management: Things could be better streamlined, but I'm on the technical side… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on AMD.

Worked for AMD? Contribute to the Community!