AMD
3.1 of 5 1,049 reviews
www.amd.com Sunnyvale, CA 5000+ Employees

World class engineers

Program Manager (Current Employee)
Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at AMD full-time

ProsAmazing engineering talents; some very smart people, and some very advanced technologies, Very dedicated work force; would rise to the occasion to meet deadlines and to resolve critical issues, regardless of weekend, holidays, or what not. Most engineers are very nice and work together very well; I learn something new every day.

ConsVery spread out in terms of geographic sites (Austin, Sunnyvale, Boston, Fort Collins, Orlando, Shanghai, Hyderabad, Bangalore, and Markham in Canada). Pretty much every SOC project involves at least 6 sites, so depending on your function, an employee may have design sync-up meetings early in the morning or late in the evening.

Advice to Senior ManagementFigure out the right products to design; improve business management operations, sales operations, and manufacturing operations.

AMD needs better management

Senior Engineer (Current Employee)
Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at AMD full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: AMD is a good place for fresh graduates to… Cons: Management needs a lot of improvement. Advice to Senior Management: Be responsible for the true management of the business rather… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Lots of mediocrity and little reward

Senior Design Engineer (Former Employee)
Austin, TX

I worked at AMD full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: There are some good engineers here, the working environment is comfortable enough, the technology is interesting. Working hours can be flexible, although in my… Cons: Lots of political games for advancement, management is poor from the lower levels to the upper, with only… Advice to Senior Management: I did not hate my time here, and a paying job is something one can be thankful for in this economy, but there is no… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on AMD.

Worked for AMD? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AMD reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for AMD CEO Rory Read. All reviews posted anonymously by AMD employees.