AMD

www.amd.com

Mixed feelings

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsGood technology, especially graphics. Definitely the current APU (single-SoC CPU + GPU + support) leader. Dynamic environment, plenty of opportunity.

ConsToo much churn in project definition and priorities. Need better alignment of cross-organization priorities. Some groups become way over-stretched.

Advice to Senior ManagementShare more than near-term/mid-term strategies/directions with employees; only knowing the next step does not build confidence and vision of where AMD is going. Improve resource balancing - understand the level of demand on each group and adjust.

Good engineers, poor management and executive leadership

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Austin, TX

I have been working at AMD full-time

Pros: You get to work with some of the most talent engineers in the business and can contribute at… Cons: Constant churn on all fronts, it's like the a big tumbler for bingo balls and every once in a while a product pops… Advice to Senior Management: Create: 1. a stable road map to execute to 2. a vision for where we need to be in 2 and 5 years… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Management Makes All the Difference

Program Manager (Current Employee) Austin, TX

I have been working at AMD full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: First year with AMD was incredible experience - had a manager… Cons: Too much management turnover Can be difficult to get at the… Advice to Senior Management: take more chances Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on AMD.

Worked for AMD? Contribute to the Community!