AMD
www.amd.com Sunnyvale, CA 5000+ Employees

Learning, good/bad/ugly

Smts (Former Employee)
Sunnyvale, CA

ProsThere were some very smart people to work with and learn from when i started at AMD

ConsAll the good people left and we started hiring big names who came there because they did something in their previous job. Gave them large salaries, big positions and took all motivation away from them to work and prove something anymore ..

Advice to Senior ManagementStop hiring names and look for people who are motivated to build something instead of hiring people who want to tell people what to build ..

enjoyed the work

Member of Technical Staff (Current Employee)
    Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at AMD full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: * there are many knowledgeable engineers to learn from, nice to work with * get to expose to wider technical area than… Cons: * not paying well at least for recent years (the… Advice to Senior Management: better rewards to employees. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

overall good experience

I have been working at AMD for more than 5 years

Pros: Get to work on complex designs, advance skills and grow… Cons: Difficult to advance on career ladder, company is not stable and goes through cuts at… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on AMD.

Worked for AMD? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AMD reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for AMD CEO Rory Read. All reviews posted anonymously by AMD employees.