AMD
3.1 of 5 1,087 reviews
www.amd.com Sunnyvale, CA 5000+ Employees

Current Employee

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat work life balance. Slackers and politically correct folks can get paid for doing nothing.

ConsMany bad managers that are ready to throw their resources under the bus. No focus on training or career development. Your manager will try to supress your growth to save his/her job. Redundancies in processes across organization.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on hiring and retaining intelligent and driven folks. Lay off old timers who take fat salaries and are rigid to change.

Learning, good/bad/ugly

Smts (Former Employee)
    Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at AMD full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: There were some very smart people to work with and… Cons: All the good people left and we started hiring big names who came there because they did something in their previous… Advice to Senior Management: Stop hiring names and look for people who are motivated to build something… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

enjoyed the work

Member of Technical Staff (Current Employee)
    Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at AMD full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: * there are many knowledgeable engineers to learn from, nice to work with * get to expose to wider technical area than… Cons: * not paying well at least for recent years (the… Advice to Senior Management: better rewards to employees. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on AMD.

Worked for AMD? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AMD reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for AMD CEO Rory Read. All reviews posted anonymously by AMD employees.