AMD

Great place to work

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer II in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Software Development Engineer II in Austin, TX

I have been working at AMD

Pros

AMD is an excellent place to work for those seeking to be involved with a company on the cutting edge. As a result of being on the forefront of technology, the work environment fosters innovation.

Cons

I really have to nitpick to find anything bad to say about AMD. The only real downside I'd say, is that as a hardware company, software (software developers etc) is generally the second class citizen in past years. Recently though, that has been changing.

Management has been doing a good job getting the employees engaged and soliciting feedback, and should continue down that course.

1210 Other Employee Reviews for AMD (View Most Recent)

Senior Software Engineer - Boston, MA

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Boston, MA

I have been working at AMD

Pros

Flexible work hours
    Managers are quite generous on time off
    AMD supports higher education - process for tuition reimbursement is quite easy

Cons

Office is in the middle of no where, at least 2 miles drive to get to any shop - less choices for lunch.
    Lack of bonus, benefit cuts (the last 2 years)

Need more employee all hands. I don't have any idea how things are going except for my own team.
    Need to make code names simpler. The purpose is to confuse the media but the media seems to figure out eventually but the employees are still confused.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at AMD

Pros

AMD has a very good work environment. People are allowed to express their ideas and opinions freely. The pressure is limited, and people are promoted based on actual work, not who kisses ass the best

Cons

Management at times is disconnected from their employees. The hands on manager is hard to come by. Very few personal relations exist between management and employees.

Become more involved, learn how to actually motivate and keep good moral. Read one of Jim Collin's books, this should be a requirement for managers, especially needed at AMD

There are newer employer reviews for AMD