AMD

www.amd.com

Earn Your Stripe, Join a Company Re-Defining Itself

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI love AMD and I worked in Corporate Marketing.

Yes, AMD's salaries are extremely competitive. Work/life balance is yours to own as long as you deliver. However, the real selling factor is the people: Colette LaForce is easily the most personable CMO I've had the pleasure of working for in my career. She is open to new ideas, critical feedback and in turn her leadership mostly mirrors these traits. The marketing team at AMD across the board is full of great leaders who are passionate and intelligent.

The organization I worked in is full of go getters who work hard but, in my opinion, are ultimately under appreciated because of AMD's historical engineering and sales focus.

ConsAs the company is mid-turn around, there is some natural confusion and oftentimes bureaucracy. This is a symptom of frequent reorgs and historical cultural traditions. This has unfortunately resulted in sub-optimal, siloed processes and an unwillingness to accept change.

Enablement is a real issue at AMD as profitability goals have caused opex pressure, resulting in limited resources.

Advice to Senior ManagementBreak down traditional barriers - open yourself up to risk. Exit old go to market strategies gracefully and truly enable your new strategy and growth businesses. Wrangle quarter end, margin killing, gray market deals to hit numbers and create real value for your products -- they are competitive. Unite the marketing function and give it purpose in the new world outside of communications and events. You need it for channel and you need it for growth in relationship focused business models. Marketing needs to generate leads, sales needs to take them.

Great engineering team. Need better management.

Design Engineer II (Current Employee)

I have been working at AMD full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Really talented group of engineers. Can attack any problem head-on… Cons: Unrealistic schedule with not enough background analysis of the requirements/features has led… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

I enjoyed working at AMD

Engineer (Current Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at AMD full-time for more than a year

Pros: Flat organization - managing your own work Personal growth - provide… Cons: Compensation - on the low side Work/Life balance - night calls Advice to Senior Management: good place for your career if you want to learn… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on AMD.

Worked for AMD? Contribute to the Community!