AMEC

An Interns Review

Engineering (Former Employee)
Calgary, AB (Canada)

I worked at AMEC

ProsEngineering consulting is a good career in general, and AMEC is one of the main EPC's in the field. With an AMEC background you can go on to work for an oil or pipeline company.

ConsSome employees seem unhappy, but then again some people always think the grass is greener on the other side of the fence.

EPC's tend to overstaff durign a boom and layoff during a bust, but this is bad for company morale and makes personal planning hard. By better considering how to staff up during a boom, cyclical layoffs might be averted.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't overstaff during a boom so you have to layoff during a bust.

an OK place in a rocky economic climate, not great, not terrible

Senior Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at AMEC

Pros: lots of opportuities for travel to remote project sites, mines,… Cons: -have to travel to remote project sites, mines, refineries and other nasty places -lack of transparency -a fear-based management culture that keeps all information about the office,… Advice to Senior Management: -talk about compensation No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great place to work for, extremely hard to move up in the company.

Project Geoscientist (Current Employee)

I have been working at AMEC full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: A good company to work for. The benefits are very good and their vacation incentives are really good. AMEC is a diverse company… Cons: It can be very hard to move up in the company. I was promoted a few years into my career and when it happened,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on AMEC.

Worked for AMEC? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AMEC reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for AMEC CEO Samir Brikho. All reviews posted anonymously by AMEC employees.