AMEC

An Interns Review

Engineering (Former Employee)
Calgary, AB (Canada)

I worked at AMEC

ProsEngineering consulting is a good career in general, and AMEC is one of the main EPC's in the field. With an AMEC background you can go on to work for an oil or pipeline company.

ConsSome employees seem unhappy, but then again some people always think the grass is greener on the other side of the fence.

EPC's tend to overstaff durign a boom and layoff during a bust, but this is bad for company morale and makes personal planning hard. By better considering how to staff up during a boom, cyclical layoffs might be averted.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't overstaff during a boom so you have to layoff during a bust.

an OK place in a rocky economic climate, not great, not terrible

Senior Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at AMEC

Pros: lots of opportuities for travel to remote project sites, mines,… Cons: -have to travel to remote project sites, mines, refineries and other nasty places -lack of transparency -a fear-based management culture that keeps all information about the office,… Advice to Senior Management: -talk about compensation No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Worked out of the Greenville, SC, Electrical Power Dept. and it was the best job experience I have ever had.

Electrical Designer/Draftsman (Former Employee)
Greenville, SC

I worked at AMEC as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros: The people that I worked with. Cons: I really don't have any. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on AMEC.

Worked for AMEC? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AMEC reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for AMEC CEO Samir Brikho. All reviews posted anonymously by AMEC employees.