There are newer employer reviews for AMETEK

Nuetral

Current Employee - Inventory Analyst  in  Grand Junction, Mesa, CO
Current Employee - Inventory Analyst in Grand Junction, Mesa, CO

I have been working at AMETEK

Pros

The best things I liked about working for Ametek was that there was a lot of learning experiences for me. I was able to learn about the Six Sigma tools and apply them in the new companies I worked for and be able to make them more efficient in the long run. Automotive "techniques" can be utilized in just about any company. This was very valuable in my continued carerr success.

Cons

I had a boss that was very demanding and did not have a great way of showing appreciation for doing a good job. He was very difficult to work for but on the flip side I did learn some things Not to do from his management style

Praise the employees

41 Other Employee Reviews for AMETEK (View Most Recent)

Careful before you accept an offer!

Former Employee - Senior Level Manager  in  Kent, OH
    Former Employee - Senior Level Manager in Kent, OH

I worked at AMETEK

Pros

The corporation originally was based on a high degree of autonomy within each of the individual operating units. The corporate offices were primarily a efficient financial mechanism to support the growth of the divisions. A family atmosphere was strongly promoted and respect for the individual was very good. Over the past several years however, bottom-line at all costs thinking has been the norm - to a very high degree, many of the original principles are slipping away quickly.

Cons

One - there is no visibility on future of the individual employee's career. Bottom-line at all costs thinking has become the norm. Although this has been sold as the best path to enhance shareholder value, many times margins have slid through "meat-ax" plant closures. I would be careful to have some candid talks with current employees before accepting a position. Check Ametek's history of acquisitiion and closure. I personally know of colleagues who accepted transfers to locations that were ceased less than 6 months after a move. As an investor, I sold my holdings 2 years ago and have no plans to repurchase. If you like the GE model, this may be the place for you!

Restore some of the values of the Lux era. Bring some balance to the numerous stakeholders. Shareholder enhancement has been very good. However, the other stakeholders in successful respected corporations, namely employees, communities, and product quality have suffered.

neutural

Current Employee - Aviation Electronics Technician  in  Mukilteo, WA
    Current Employee - Aviation Electronics Technician in Mukilteo, WA

I have been working at AMETEK

Pros

the benifits, and the flexability of work time.

Cons

level of information available, needs to be more

have more training and increase salaries.

There are newer employer reviews for AMETEK

Worked for AMETEK? Contribute to the Community!