AMETEK

www.ametek.com

Focus has changed, and not for the better

(Former Employee)

ProsGood people to work with (At least in the production side). Great benefits (at least 1 exception) for single people. Opportunity to interact with various cultures and learn multi-national business internally.

ConsFrustrating mid and top level management. Often contradictory to each other to subordinates. Benefits seemed great, except tuition reimbursement (contractual requirements and ability of manager to override reimbursement for courses not deemed to influence your daily duties (MBA programs include multitude of functions, not all align with current role within company).
Subordinates looked at as pawns, and a very top-heavy company seems to refuse to acknowledge support structure needed.

Advice to Senior ManagementReduce number of managers at all levels (you don't need a manager to supervise one person). Filter managerial prospects better to have those with ability to lead as managers (micromanagers tend to demean people). Evaluate internal candidates for growth potential, internal growth does not seem likely.

Growth by Acquisition and/or Welcome to the Ametek Family

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Berwyn, PA

I have been working at AMETEK full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Once your company is acquired, say good-bye to at least 5% of your co-workers. This is good because it makes the office seem much… Cons: Ametek is a profitable company that works very hard at keeping its operating expenses as low as possible. Unfortunately, employees are not a valued… Advice to Senior Management: You can only sh!t on your people for so long. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

I learned and accomplished a great deal, but eventually left when it was clear that atmosphere would not improve.

Development Engineer (Current Employee) Kent, OH

I have been working at AMETEK

Pros: Manufacturing in plants around world. Some cool technology with… Cons: Secretive rather than cooperative atmosphere in engineering department. Advice to Senior Management: Don't tolerate disruptive behavior by a few insecure employees. … More
There are newer reviews on AMETEK.

Worked for AMETEK? Contribute to the Community!